Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car is a SS/RS 6.2L L99 A6 I am using HPTuners and on the hit it is pulling timing and then it comes back in. Just on the hit or if you at say 60mph and hit it to pass a car it will pull timing. How did you fix this problem? It will not let me attach a log file!

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
it is normal for it to show timing being pulled during the initial burst of acceleration and during shifts.

·
Registered
155 Posts
It's likely Burst Knock Retard. Burst Knock Retard is a predictive knock retard used to prevent real knock from happening during sudden acceleration. If you have HP Tuners or EFI Live you can reduce the amount of burst knock retard and you could also increase the decay rate so knock retard is removed faster so you get back to full timing quicker.

·
8,984 Posts
What'd you call me?

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
it is normal for it to show timing being pulled during the initial burst of acceleration and during shifts.
Had mine dyno'd yesterday and there was a hug amount being pulled. From 20 degrees to 14 degrees. I am told with the predator, this can be adjusted. Just waiting form the LT install, then back for a dyno tune. I will let you know.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Car is a SS/RS 6.2L L99 A6 I am using HPTuners and on the hit it is pulling timing and then it comes back in. Just on the hit or if you at say 60mph and hit it to pass a car it will pull timing. How did you fix this problem? It will not let me attach a log file!
I base this on a dyno tune I did last week. at 5000 rpm my stock tune was hitting a knock and would retard the timing causing a loss of 10 HP at that point. Balanced out the Air Fuel mixture and improved the quality of gas has resolved the issue. Also was able to tune the auto retard timing to be less reactive to knock Field was Anti Knock sensor. Good luck.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I have noticed on cars and trucks with LS engines GM is using the torque management to pull timing, makes sense. Maybe this is how they save the driveline? I would turn off torque management and then datalog again, back to back. Some tuners use this as their secret to impress you with a kick in the pants tune with very little effort. Removal of torque management or at least reduction of should be part of a good tune.
Randy

·
Registered
670 Posts
I dont mind reducing the decay rate, but I dont like adjusting the burst KR.

You should pull timing a couple 100 RPMs in the matching G/cyl area before the KR "hits"

Also if you increased your enrichment rate, that can cause KR

You do want some KR protection if your car is getting hot

1 - 9 of 9 Posts