Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is going to sound weird, but hopefully someone else knows what I am talking about.
My car is a 2012 2SS/RS/L99.
I was sitting in my car after starting her up and just had her in park. I was sitting and doing some things on my phone before I started my drive home. I had not heard this sound before, but it may be because I usually have the radio on. It was off on this occasion. As my car is sitting there running, I hear a pup-pup-pup-pup sound coming from the engine area. It went on for a few seconds, and ended with I can only describe as a low fart sound. Sort of the pup-pup sound but closer together and at once.

Anywho...is this something normal, or something I should have checked out? I am new to these engines, since I am a convert from Mustang GTs, and not familiar with what is "normal".

Any help in solving this puzzle would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
4,382 Posts
Just drop by the dealer and have them check for any code in the CEL memory. Sounds strange but not normal IMO.:confused:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is what I plan on doing, but my biggest fear is that it only does it when it has been sitting in the parking lot overnight while I am at work and I start her up cold in the morning. I am sure if I drive to the dealership, it won't do it, since the engine will be warmed up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts