Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Im sure you would have put the key in, on the on position then push to start. If that's the case then you might as well start it with the key. If you can get it to work with a fob that would be great, just like the Corvettes. Still pretty cool!

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
Since I have remote starting on my key FOB...this concept still escapes me. What's the difference between turning your key one more click or just letting go of it and then hitting a button. Seems like the key thing would be faster.

BTW...I'm just guessing...but one is covered under a warranty and the other one voids part of your warranty (ignition system). So not that cool to me at all.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I would want one if it works like the vettes

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
How would this work with the locking steering wheel?

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
^ i think y'all are right. i can't think of any way you could get this to actually function. you'd have to have the kind of key that works with that... plus the ECM would have to work with it. sounds like a major PITA... and that's if you could actually get it to work at all. if someone actually did that, it would be more trouble than it's worth.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I doubt there are any LT1's with a factory warranty left on it! The OP installed this on his LT1 it says.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm confused...is a key still needed...and if so...what's the point? [URL="
[/URL]
there won't be any point if you have to use your key :), it comes with a half the size of credit card remote 'key' and when you have it in your pocket the car will sense and unlock the door automatically when you get closer also to start push the button and the car will start without the key~ I'll post it on youtube only for you guys~!

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
there won't be any point if you have to use your key :), it comes with a half the size of credit card remote 'key' and when you have it in your pocket the car will sense and unlock the door automatically when you get closer also to start push the button and the car will start without the key~ I'll post it on youtube only for you guys~!
Thanks for the clarification. [URL="
[/URL]

1 - 20 of 30 Posts