Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do they mean in the article when reffering to the hardtop? I'm not what you would call a "car guy" that knows all the terms. All I know is that I want this car and that it look good. I though hardtop reffered to the type of convertable you could have (hard or soft).

When they are refering to the concept having a hardtop and the production not having it, what are the physical differences you can see? Or is this something that is more hidden from the eye? Are there examples one could show me to see what they are talking about

Here's the original article
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=122816

·
Registered
117 Posts
When they say hardtop they are simply just talking about the non convertible model. What they were talking about in that article (just quickly skimmed over it) is that the production model with have a b-pillar and will not be completely open like the concept was.

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
When they say hardtop they are simply just talking about the non convertible model. What they were talking about in that article (just quickly skimmed over it) is that the production model with have a b-pillar and will not be completely open like the concept was.
x2

Just talking about the added B pillar, it should still look like the concept from the outside because the b pillar should be under the glass.

Notice the Mustang below has the B pillar on visible and the Camaro is under glass.
A true hardtop has no B pillar at all, but the B pillar is needed for saftey and saves weight.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Anyone have confirmation of the V8 models? I read an article from car and driver, and it states there would be a v6 camaro, then an iroc or ss model. No mention of a z28 in there...

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Anyone have confirmation of the V8 models? I read an article from car and driver, and it states there would be a v6 camaro, then an iroc or ss model. No mention of a z28 in there...
There will be plenty of V8s available -- meaning that when we start production - we do not plan on 'constraining' V8 engines.

;)

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
But otherwise, no confirmations of model names or engines. Rumor has it that we will find out in September. I don't want to wait that long, but until GM announces it (and you WILL see it here first, and not at the car magazines), then the rest is all speculation.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts