Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have been a service tech at a Buick, Pontiac, GMC dealership for 10 years. I know that GM gives me a discount on the three brands that my dealer carries, but do I get the same discount on Chevrolet vehicles as well? Ive asked my salesmen but they aren't much help.
Thanks

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hello,
I have been a service tech at a Buick, Pontiac, GMC dealership for 10 years. I know that GM gives me a discount on the three brands that my dealer carries, but do I get the same discount on Chevrolet vehicles as well? Ive asked my salesmen but they aren't much help.
Thanks
You only get your employee discount if the owner of your dealer also owns a chevy store as well. In my case I sale for Reliable Chevrolet which is owned by the Van Tuyl Company so I could go to one of their Pontiac stores or Buick or whatever and get Employee price but if it is just some random dealer not owned by your owner then unfortunately you don't qualify.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,
That definitely lets me know where I stand. I may have to wait longer for the camaro, I have good credit and a lot to put down. I will be able to get a g8 gxp cheaper. :mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Yes, but is that what you WANT? Or what you'll settle for. Sorry to have to say this, but if you're only in it for the lowest price, then your heart wasn't set on the Camaro in the first place.

Try and find someone that can get you a Friends and Family type discount (supplier) if that's available when you want to go purchase. You'll be able to save some that way. Or wait and see how many are stuck on the lots due to the economy. You may end up getting what you want anyway.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I definitely do not want the G8 over the camaro. Its crazy that I can fix any brand under warranty but only have incentives to buy cars I have no interest in. I will wait as long as it takes and travel as far as I have to to get the deal that I want. When the time comes I will call customer assistance or my area rep and see if they can do something about it. Ive only owned gm vehicles.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I think you will still get the Discount on all GM vehicles...
Unfortunately this is not the case otherwise I could have sold my sister and brother-in-law their trailblazer ss.

The way it works is that their are GM employees and then there are GM dealership employees. GM employees can go to any GM dealer and buy for GMS (employee price) but dealership employees only get GMS at the dealer they work for or like I mentioned earlier they get it at any dealership that is owned by the same company ie: Van Tuyl dealers, Autonation, Sewell, ect.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Ucantcwhatever, who is the branch owner of your dealerships? Is it part of a group, or is it stand-alone? Usually when you work at one dealership, you can get employee pricing at whatever dealership is also owned under the same branch. Example: I work for Ford (And yes, it does suck), but due to the dealership I work at, and the fact that the guy also owns Subaru and Honda dealerships around here, I get an employee discount on any Subaru, Honda, or Ford that I buy from a dealership with his name on it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I am a GM employee and I have not heard of a dealer yet that is giving GMS or supplier pricing on the Camaro. My salesman friend says that his dealership is selling their first allotment of Camaros at sticker price. Then, after the car is on the market for a while and more are available, they will discuss giving GMS for GM employees and supplier pricing for those entitled to it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I work for a standalone dealer, we service avg. 130 cars a day. Big, but independent. Im just hoping gm keeps their word on first year production figures. If they have a surplus of vehicle on sales lots, (unlikely with the camaro, I know) I may be able to bargain. Im trying to get the best deal I can because I bought a new 2000 sonoma right after high school for $21k 2 years later I was only able to get 9k for it, and swore that Id never buy a new vehicle. I have had an 01 suburban, 99 gtp, 95 z28, a couple of race cars, and an 05 Sierra denali and haven't taken a hit like I did on that sonoma. Before you roast me on planning to get rid of the camaro before I actually buy one, The camaro will get better with each model year. I may want another one in 2012.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
I tried my luck with haggling for about 5 seconds... but I wouldn't expect much haggling room, if any, on a "sold" order.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts