Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I was just wondering, what is involved with lowing a cars body a little closer to the ground. What kind of costs are involved? I would probably have a proffesion do it, but I was just curious. Has anyone else thought about doing this to their Camaro, or is it just me? It just seems a lot higher than the concept, and I was hoping to bring it down to as close to concept level without going to crazy.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Hi,

I was just wondering, what is involved with lowing a cars body a little closer to the ground. What kind of costs are involved? I would probably have a proffesion do it, but I was just curious. Has anyone else thought about doing this to their Camaro, or is it just me? It just seems a lot higher than the concept, and I was hoping to bring it down to as close to concept level without going to crazy.

well, I think you're jumping the gun a little if you're already worried about the height...at least wait until you see the production version. That said...lowering is basically swapping in different (shorter) coil springs. Depending on the car and the amount of drop, shocks/struts may also need to be swapped and different size rims/tires may also be needed. I'm not sure if the IRS requires any thing else.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Nah, I don't think he's jumping the gun. I'm still saving money for the downpayment, and more money to drive from the dealership, to the mod shop, and have the mufflers removed. :)

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Hi,

My vote would be Hotchkis. I have a complete TVS system for my truck and it lowered it 2 inches front and 4 rear with front and rear sway bars. Check out their website. The have great systems for 1st and 2nd gen. Camaros.

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
With the IRS in the rear, Camber adjustments would more than likely be needed after lowering. Unless some of the kits have parts to rectify this. Otherwise it is a simple spring swap which is generally not hard.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
I would think that Pedders would be ahead of the game in developing parts for the Camaro...other companies might need some time to catch-up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.