Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Ok, so is it my understanding that the priority of your order is set by the dealer, and not by the ordering sysytem? If your the 10th one to place an order, but at the time of the preorder going through, the dealer wants to make you #1, can they do it (maybe you best buds or something).

I quess what I'm getting at, is that I heard in order to make changes to oyur order, you have to dump you initial order and start over. When this is done, the dealer can still keep you in line with the other orders. Is this right?

I'm going to be adding polished wheels soon, but not if it means I have to drop out of order and wait a few more months for my car. It's not worth it.

Thanks,
Sean W

·
Premium Member
8,645 Posts
I dont think you will lose your spot in line. All final changes must be made by early December after that you might lose your spot. Send a message to Camaro Scotty he is a dealer and should know for sure.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Hi,

Ok, so is it my understanding that the priority of your order is set by the dealer, and not by the ordering sysytem? If your the 10th one to place an order, but at the time of the preorder going through, the dealer wants to make you #1, can they do it (maybe you best buds or something).

I quess what I'm getting at, is that I heard in order to make changes to oyur order, you have to dump you initial order and start over. When this is done, the dealer can still keep you in line with the other orders. Is this right?

I'm going to be adding polished wheels soon, but not if it means I have to drop out of order and wait a few more months for my car. It's not worth it.

Thanks,
Sean W
The dealer can do whatever they want whenever they want. Yes, if you reorder because your original order has to be "dumped" (haven't heard that but if..) they can make your priority number whatever they want up until the orders are pulled by GM. Some dealers are simply leaving everyone's priority number at 1 from what I've read. In that case, they're leaving the order of the production schedule up to GM.

To answer your question, in your "change" scenario, the dealer can change your "new" priority number to match your old one.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I dont think you will lose your spot in line. All final changes must be made by early December after that you might lose your spot. Send a message to Camaro Scotty he is a dealer and should know for sure.
Where did you get the information on this? I was under the impression GM was supposed to call us before production to see if we had any changes.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Where did you get the information on this? I was under the impression GM was supposed to call us before production to see if we had any changes.
No one is going to call you. You placed an order, albeit a "pre"-order. If you decide you want something changed, better get to it before Dec XX when the orders are uploaded. Tick...tick...tick...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yea I changed my color from black to silver was no problem at all going by the dealership monday to pick up confirmation papers,They told me all changes had to be made by early December........

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I just made the change for polished wheels today. The dealer did not have to dump the first order and reorder it all. It surprised me because everyone else said the order had to be dumped to make changes. I have the papers that have the new changes on it with the same order number. Just wondering why others had to get new order numbers, and I didn't. Did he do it right, or did he just know how to make the changes this way?

·
Registered
33 Posts
My dealer said he put my order in today. I didn't get the polished wheels and I think I may change my mind. I got the RS package so it comes with the 20" with the Midnight Silver.

Meh, I'll let it go through. I'm 7th in line at my dealer!

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
A dealer may change the orders in order to get cars as quickly as possible....if there is a parts shortage that affects your car (a wheel, a color, etc) he may move an unaffected car in first to get it made. A little juggling that helps the cars flow through and keep coming.

·
Registered
913 Posts
A dealer may change the orders in order to get cars as quickly as possible....if there is a parts shortage that affects your car (a wheel, a color, etc) he may move an unaffected car in first to get it made. A little juggling that helps the cars flow through and keep coming.
Have you heard of any known constraints? Aside from V8 engines :lol:

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
These cars can be built from February through October. I'm sure your dealer will work the orders that can be built throught the system. Others with shortages will obviously get held up (just like any other gm car).

·
Registered
231 Posts
Does anyone know if the time to change orders have ran out? I just can't get my mind made up on the color. I wish I could get off the fence.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts