Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My niece is ordering a 2010 LS v6. We were going to change the rims and tires, do you know if these come with the sensors or is that just in the higher models.

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
They come with them! Just have to either swap them out or when you get new rims and tims get them pre installed.

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
if your gonna buy new ones, look on ebay. i bought 4 new ones for my new wheels and paid only 75.00 for all of them. the dealership wanted 80 something a piece.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
They are a 2 piece item. The sensor unscrews from the valve stem and is reusable. You can get the stems at the dealer for around $8.

BE VERY SURE THAT THE TECH DOING THE TIRE WORK KNOWS THERE ARE SENSORS AND DEFLATES THE TIRES, BREAKS THE BEADS AND REMOVES THE SENSORS BEFORE JUST YANKING THE STEM/SENSOR OUT. IT WILL DESTROY THE SENSOR IF HE DOES THIS.

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
yea be sure they know there are sensors if you re-use them... i have broken way too many of them to count on both hands and feet, when i worked at a tire shop :D

but you can usually tell just by looking at the valve stem the car has them cuz it is bolted on... i have broken some sensors that were strapped in the middle of the wheel with regular rubber valve stems and you didn't know until it was too late cuz the DB that brought the car in didn't tell.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts