Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first experience with having a new model in the first year. I expected some thumbs up, but guys are pulling up alongside me with their passenger window down and yelling out things like "Man, that car is HOT." :cool: Older guys, young guys...women not as vocal, but....

I'm just curious if the reaction was the same when the 3rd and 4th gens were brand new. My thought was the 3rd gens may have been looked on this extremely, but even then I remember the old school guys mocking the "plastic" bumpers, etc.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I ordered a 1982 Z28 the second month they were available, so I had one of the first ones.

It was dark blue with silver ground effects and aluminum wheels. Very sharp looking car.

Yeah, it got looks and thumbs up for a while, but the new Camaro is a level higher. Maybe two levels.

:thumbsup: ;) :thumbsup:

·
Registered
184 Posts
I'm a sucker for firsts. But, no regrets so far.

1996 Mustang GT (first 4.6L Mod-motor)
1998 Formula (first LS1 f-body)
2005 Corvette (first C6)
2006 Viper coupe (first Viper coupe)
2007 Escalade (first new body style)
2008 CTS (first new body CTS)
2008 Duramax (first new body truck)
2010 Camaro (first 5th gen)

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Having been around for the first 3rd and 4th gen cars, I would say the reactions are not the same from what I've read from current 5th gen drivers :D

I parked in a lot yesterday in Crestwood to pick up dog food, and walking back to the car, seeing it in the sun, from about 100 feet away, it is just an unbelievably beautiful car.
I am so freakin' happy with this car. :cool:

·
Registered
139 Posts
I had the first 2006 Monte Carlo (new front end and V8), got a few looks no women though. I've had the Camaro for about a month. It's nearly caused 3 accidents from people driving and looking at it. I get yells from people on the street, and when I get gas someone is always taking a pic. I'm enjoying it while it lasts

·
Registered
262 Posts
I've had mine a month and everytime I go somewhere there is always people around it taking pictures. Everyone wants to sit in it, but I'm being a pain in saying NO!!! It is a real attention getter. Love this car.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I have had mine know for 6 weeks and I still cannot pump gas or pretty much go anywhere without someone trying to stop me, give me a thumbs up or simply yelling out Nice/ cool car! Also the kids reaction is the most priceless since mine resembles Bumblebee I get a lot of attention from kids. I especially like it when kids stretch third necks as far up as possible to see out of there car window to get a glimpse of my car. The new Camaro is definitely a celebrity and I am gladly along for the ride!

A funny little story;
I went to see the new Transformers a couple of weeks ago. I had parked my car right up front by the main entrance. When I walked back to my car after watching the movie, there was a young lady in front of me and you could tell she was really eyeing my car. I hit the remote to unlock the doors and my head lights turned on. The lady almost had a heart attack! I explained to her that it was Bumblebee and it was about to transform. She turned around and just smiled with a slight sigh of relief.:lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts