Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple
11,842 Posts
That's definitely a conversion, cuz you're right, t-tops didn't come along until 1977.

It's not really that hard of a conversion, so a decent body shop can do it right.

I've seen dozens of 4th Gens converted from hard-top to t-top too.

Though I'm sure this conversion was a little more difficult than a 4th Gen conversion.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats what i thought, i spotted this car at a chevy show yesterday (03/09/08) and thought it wierd. got a few other pics of some nice camaros but nonething was being talked about on the new camaro. even the local chevy guys said nonething they wanted to push the vette and brought all they toys for the vetts only. thank you for confiming.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no it was a 70-73 it had the correct rear lights i thought the same thing and checked. i didnt think anyone would go through all that trouble, i mean its a lot of wokr to change out the front and rear, as apposed to changing out the top. it was a good job to i didnt see and imperfections in the black paint.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i didnt get a pic of the back end, to tight, with all the chairs and other cars, but it did look stock. the only other picture i got was of the engine. i am just haveing a hard time understand why they would have done it. i like t-tops to but i would not have done this i would have just bought the older model with the t-tops from the factory.lol, still a clean looking car. there were also quite a few other camaros at this event. including a 69 pacecar, a 30th and 35 anniversiry camaro and an all original unrestored 71 in good shape

·
Banned
2 Posts
It was probably was an earlier nose on a later body. The doors and windshields were the same 70-81, so the different year noses will physically interchange. The biggest difference between the pre-75 model and the post-76 model was that the rear window on the 76 and later models wrapped around the rear pillar more. It would be hard, not impossible to put t-tops on a pre-75 f-body.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts