Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear friends , i am from italy and i am one of the few people in europe that have a new 2010 CGM camaro ...... i have only the LT2 but is better than nothing .... the import price here is really really crazy ......
So i am new in American Muscle car , and i am a little bit disapponinted on some option missing in this jewel :
1) no light in the front passenger drawer ... (the Fiat 500 have it....)
2) for a car longer than VW Touareg i expected more space inside ....
3)The internal quality of plastics and leather is frankly not good ... but this is maybe for all American car , i do not know
I know that this can is priced very good price in USA and i cannot expect BMW or Mercedes quality .... but i think is too low anyway....
Anyway i love this car , is the most beautyfull car on the market , and these are me few questions .
-I need park sensor front +rear , can you suggest where to buy ?
-I want to upgrade the engine power , but i still not found yet something (only filters and exsaust) , are eproms or programmers on the market already available?
Thanks if you want to reply me .

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
DiabloSport is working on a programmer for the v6... should be out soon :thumbsup:

as for the quality of the car... the camaro will drive a lot longer than any mercedes will for a third the price! mercedes maintenance is horrible! all you need to do with you camaro is change the oil & filters and you won't have to replace anything else for at least 100,000 miles!

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
I need park sensor front +rear , can you suggest where to buy ?
If you meant the "always on" parking lights that are used in Europe, your best bet is to get a replacement part for an equally sized european car and make sure the wiring voltage is the same as the Camaro side marker. Since we don't use those lights here in the USA, I doubt any company here will make that part. I hope that is what you meant by parking sensor.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks very much for the answers , i will buy sensors in italy , and wait for diablosport to come out with a programmer!
About the mercedes price , you are right for the USA market ....
But i think you have not idea of the price of a camaro in europe ... to the usa price you have to add :
Trasportation
Custom Taxes
20% VAT
some money to change the turn light to become UE compliant ..
And need omologation from the government ...
so a V6 LT2 here we pay more than 50.000 $ !!!!!!!!!!!!
and SS more than 60.000 $ ...............
So same as a basic BMW 3 series or Mercedes .....

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Welcome to the site.

Where in Italy are you? My wife's family is from the Amalfi Coast and still have lots of family there.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
If you meant the "always on" parking lights that are used in Europe, your best bet is to get a replacement part for an equally sized european car and make sure the wiring voltage is the same as the Camaro side marker. Since we don't use those lights here in the USA, I doubt any company here will make that part. I hope that is what you meant by parking sensor.
I think he was talking about the rear sensors that are on all the cars built since November or so, but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks to all , YES i now just saw on chevy website that rear park sensor is standard on the new production .... what a pity ..... anyway no problem i will install here myself with a few money ...
Yes , i am the only one to have a camaro in my city , and i think we are only 5-6 in all the italy ......
Is very strange to own a monster like this :
EVERY Boy from 5 to 20 years old stop me and ask to take picture to the car ....the recognise that is Bumblebee....
MOST Men over 20 years old stops and look at this monster , and asks wich model is .....
Most girls look at the car and not understand what is this ... "is new?" "is Old" they do not know .......

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Congrats on your purchase.

The interior concerns you raise are not unreasonable to ask, but I will explain how Chevrolet fits in here in the USA. For the price that this car is offered with the amount of features it has, there were certain things that Chevrolet did not invest as much money in -- it's not even real leather. A Chevrolet Camaro is not a BMW M3 -- but look at the price difference.

On the other hand, had you purchased the Cadillac equivalent (upcoming CTS V Coupe), you'd notice a world of difference in material quality - but you'd also be paying for it. Chevrolet's are stepping up in their quality as time goes on. Who knows what a refreshed Camaro interior may bring in the next few years.

Good luck with your ownership experience.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Congrats on your purchase.

The interior concerns you raise are not unreasonable to ask, but I will explain how Chevrolet fits in here in the USA. For the price that this car is offered with the amount of features it has, there were certain things that Chevrolet did not invest as much money in -- it's not even real leather. A Chevrolet Camaro is not a BMW M3 -- but look at the price difference.

On the other hand, had you purchased the Cadillac equivalent (upcoming CTS V Coupe), you'd notice a world of difference in material quality - but you'd also be paying for it. Chevrolet's are stepping up in their quality as time goes on. Who knows what a refreshed Camaro interior may bring in the next few years.

Good luck with your ownership experience.
It's not real leather? Could you elaborate?

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
It's not real leather? Could you elaborate?
Pleather!

I really don't know how to explain exactly, but it's a cheap material (when compared to true hide). Yes, you condition it like normal leather, and it will also crack like real leather, but it's a composite with other things in it besides organic material.

If you have the chance to check out a GTO (or most any other manufacturers leather) you'll be able to see (and feel) the big difference. I wish I had a better explanation, and would even prefer to be proven wrong, but it's part of how they make Chevrolet's just a little bit cheaper than the rest.

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
as for the quality of the car... the camaro will drive a lot longer than any mercedes will for a third the price! mercedes maintenance is horrible! all you need to do with you camaro is change the oil & filters and you won't have to replace anything else for at least 100,000 miles!
Heh no kidding. My coworker has a mercedes whos trans went out and took it to mercedes for a quote to fix it. 6800 for a new trans and wouldn't even quote the labor. Said the trans could not be repaired and had to buy a new one. Funny my brother in law took the job and a 1K planetary set (compared to a couple hundred max on any normal non luxo car) and another 200$ in soft parts (compared to about 100-130 or less for regular vehicles) and it was purring like a kitten. "Drives better than it ever has". Over there the Camaro is an import and parts are much higher but the maitnence requirements should be as good or better than a benz. They drive great when under warranty let them get a few years on them though and watch out, all that high tech gagetry and pretty materials goes south quick.

Funny how when new 90's model imports were all blessed with "better materials" than domestics. Yet 10 years later they are generally worse off than my brothers old 94 silverado's interior. I think the same will hold true with todays.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts