Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
xxSkullZxx
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys so I have added a Borla axel back exhaust upgrade to my 2012 V6. Sounds real sweet. I am going to be putting a new cold air intake on this next week. My question is what else can I do from there? I heard that headers are not possible on the LS V6, but can I remove the resonator and have an X pipe installed?

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
I don't quite understand why headers aren't possible. Anyone know and can explain? I don't see why you cant remove the resonator and add an x pipe

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
I don't quite understand why headers aren't possible. Anyone know and can explain? I don't see why you cant remove the resonator and add an x pipe
Its something like an integrate exhaust manifold or something, I think ,,, sorry I don't remember exact details since I have a v8 ... you will run across posts somewhere if you read enough

·
Registered
275 Posts
yeah, integrated exhaust manifolds are on the new LFX, started in 2012,, I love them, they are quiet and they look cool and there is no sense in putting aftermarket headers on anyway because the new integrated ones added like 12 horsepower to the car,

I don't know about the exhaust mods, but there are dozens of threads on that already.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts