Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I guess some dealers are but remember one thing they won't sell anywere near msrp. Just be aware that some dealers do try and get over on people telling you that you'll get it at msrp and when it gets close to release time all of a sudden it's marked-up and they tell u you don't have to buy it!!.. plus we have more info on the Camaro's then the dealers do!!

I know a fleet manager at one of the dealerships out here and he said him and a couple other chevy fleet managers have already discussed the camaro having a huge mark-up when they come out!!! becuase of the exitement for them hell the challenger got 9,000 pre-orders in the first week for the 2008 srt-8 challenger!!! which starts at almost 38000!!!

So are u Sure u want to get one of the first ones!?!?!?!?!?!

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Some dealers will let you, but if I were you I would make them give you in writing that they will sell it at MSRP. They probley will tell you no though.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Try and find some other car enthusiasts in your area that have picked up a new Corvette or a 4th gen when they were out in 2002 and see what you can find out about markups and such. No guarantee that they won't take the opportunity to add to them this time, but I have been on my dealers list since Aug 2006. I know, I know, flame away. In short, I did it to get the car I wanted, the way I wanted it, not just to pick up something off the lot. I'm getting this car to hold onto it for a long time, so I'm doing what I can to ensure it's "my car". Anyway, I have it in writing that it will be at no more than MSRP. So, they are out there, just look around.

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
I never buy a car in the first year ! It's going to be spring of 2010 when I buy one because I want to see what they do with the car in the 2nd year and what special packages they have as in a Z28 or SS or RS even.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I believe they will have an SS verision mid 2009.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts