Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fbodfather said:
Kill a Z28 to save a Corvette?

...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........no
Fbodfather said:
...trust me - putting an LS7 in a Camaro would price it out of sight...............there are other ways to do a Z28....
Fbodfather said:
it ain't dead! It's on hold. We must rethink EVERY entry -- car/truck/crossover -- simply go look at the sales figures for July and August - if that isn't a 'reality slap in the face' -- nothing is!
Fbodfather said:
Look -- we don't talk about future product plans --

Do you think we'd take a hallowed name such as Z28 and put it on something else???????

HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY IT'S NOT DEAD???????????
The moral of this post: Z28 is not dead. :)

·
Registered
897 Posts
uh oh, Octane is stirring things up ;)

even distant speculations about a possible z/28 is exciting :roxor:

·
Registered
637 Posts
Anything to distract us from Supras...............

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
ok, so if eveyone is waiting around for the Z then the sales of the Camaro will not be where there are suppose to be, thus they won't do one. . .

food for thought

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
ok, so if eveyone is waiting around for the Z then the sales of the Camaro will not be where there are suppose to be, thus they won't do one. . .

food for thought
I don't think so...the Z/28 will probably be priced out of a lot of peoples budgets and be more of a limited car, like the gt-500. I would think the V6 will sell the most, so people who are buying a V6 are not going to be waiting around for a Z/28...and rather than wait (knowing that it may be a few more years) some will buy an SS and trade up when the Z/28 does come out.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I don't think so...the Z/28 will probably be priced out of a lot of peoples budgets and be more of a limited car, like the gt-500. I would think the V6 will sell the most, so people who are buying a V6 are not going to be waiting around for a Z/28...and rather than wait (knowing that it may be a few more years) some will buy an SS and trade up when the Z/28 does come out.
Agreed. I think the Z/28 is priced out of my budget, but a guy can dream. I will likely get the SS either way (I'll just supercharge it for less than it would cost to step up to the Z/28), but I would still like to see the Z/28 out there.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
I'm SS. The Z28 was never within reach for me, unless the Z28 was the V8 version. Which it's not.

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
LS7 is a hand-built engine that uses expensive parts.
That's why it's a really expensive engine and won't ever find its way into Camaro.
On top of that, it's going out of production fairly soon.

But there are other newer engines that make more power that are actually cheaper to produce. :)

·
Registered
199 Posts
or what about this option...

Buy an SS. Stop by GMPP and buy the LS9 supercharger. then install..

Then tell all your friends you have a frigg'n Z-28.

I was never a chevy head.. and I dont know what the friggn big deal is about no Z. Stop whining and MAKE YOUR OWN! Gheeez :BangHead:

and half the folks whining could not afford one if it was produced!! think $50+k!! more expensive than the GT500! F that!

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
LS7 is a hand-built engine that uses expensive parts.
That's why it's a really expensive engine and won't ever find its way into Camaro.
On top of that, it's going out of production fairly soon.

But there are other newer engines that make more power that are actually cheaper to produce. :)
So, Tim can you make a few phone calls from the Black Suburban's phone and special order me one of those "more power but are cheaper to produce" engines for my SS?:D

·
Registered
637 Posts
or what about this option...

Buy an SS. Stop by GMPP and buy the LS9 supercharger. then install..

Then tell all your friends you have a frigg'n Z-28.

I was never a chevy head.. and I dont know what the friggn big deal is about no Z. Stop whining and MAKE YOUR OWN! Gheeez :BangHead:

and half the folks whining could not afford one if it was produced!! think $50+k!! more expensive than the GT500! F that!
I'm not sure you (or anybody else for that matter ) are thinking straight on a Z28. It was never a "super Camaro", only a option package. Why all the guesses in the astronomical price ranges, did I miss something important somewhere?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Thank You

I'm not sure you (or anybody else for that matter ) are thinking straight on a Z/28. It was never a "super Camaro", only a option package. Why all the guesses in the astronomical price ranges, did I miss something important somewhere?
The SS was always the top of the line. The original Z/28 was a 302 cu. in. conservatively rated at 275 :lol::lol: The SS was the MUSCLE!!! anywhere from 327 to 396 with a couple of 427's thrown in for grins.
The Z'28 was nimble and quick while the SS was GRUNT and GROWL.

I just have acid indigestion when I think they will top the SS with a Z/28.

But then I am extremely BIASED! :)
:patriot:

Reactions: dshane
1 - 20 of 42 Posts