Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
56 Years old. Wow... I didn't expect this so soon. I guess he was worse off than most people knew.

:candlesad:

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Explaines alot!!

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
It shouldn't be too long now before Apple tanks.

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
Not long before Apple tanks...lol...are you serious? You have obviously never used an Mac. While it is a shame that Steve has passed away so soon, I have no doubt that the company will continue to innovate for many years to come.

But Steve's death does prove one thing...MONEY CAN'T BUY EVERYTHING! So may each and every one of you live long lives and like Bob Marley said, just "Be Happy!" :D

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
Not long before Apple tanks...lol...are you serious? You have obviously never used an Mac. While it is a shame that Steve has passed away so soon, I have no doubt that the company will continue to innovate for many years to come.

But Steve's death does prove one thing...MONEY CAN'T BUY EVERYTHING! So may each and every one of you live long lives and like Bob Marley said, just "Be Happy!" :D
Used a Mac? You're joking. I used to service them! Remember this? press open apple ctl close apple delete

It was supposed to be a self-test. All it did was crash, with fireworks. Of course this was pre-Intel hardware, and pre-Linux core OS. Motorola 68000 family Macs ALL did this.

Mr. Jobs was the driving force for innovation @ Apple. That is my point. Without him, they're toast.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Admittedly in numerous threads, I am an "Apple guy". Not a fan boy, or fanatic, but a person who prefers Apple products. With that said:

Jobs was a tremendous innovator. But NOT the pompous prick many make him out to be. He guided this small company to a small computer company it is today - PC's still rule the market. He also guided this small company to lead a revolution in technology. iPod, iPhone, iPad - like them or not, they were the inspiration or the target/"bar" for media players, phones and modern tablet PC's. His influence changed everything we now about personal electronics. Would we have the Droid OS if not for the iPhone? We might still be using Palms and Blackberrys. He brought to the world cool technology with vision. Many companies followed/chased and at time surpassed what Jobs brought forth. Is that not the definition of innovation? (Save the trouble and do not like to google or webster's please ;))

As for its demise, I think there are a "few" items still in development that Jobs had great influence over. But with that said, once those are available, if Apple cannot embrace Jobs' visions, they too will fail. For those who do not embrace the future, will certain cease to compete. This is true for all of us, personally and professionally. I am cautious about the future of my preferred computer maker, but mostly I am saddened by the passing of this great man. If you have never seen his commencement speech a few years back at Stanford, search you tube. That is the Steve Jobs most don't know, but should remember.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Used a Mac? You're joking. I used to service them! Remember this? press open apple ctl close apple delete

It was supposed to be a self-test. All it did was crash, with fireworks. Of course this was pre-Intel hardware, and pre-Linux core OS. Motorola 68000 family Macs ALL did this.

Mr. Jobs was the driving force for innovation @ Apple. That is my point. Without him, they're toast.
I had this family of Mac - a Performa 6220. It served me well for three years. In that three years, technology exploded and no manufacturer could keep up with it. We got a ton of products that were not as reliable as the manufacturer had promised. I am not familiar with the "press" combination you reference. which key is the close apple? I do not doubt that there were issues with them, nor do I doubt the "fireworks" involved with them. I am curious. Makes me want to drag the Performa out of the garage and check it out.

·
Registered
356 Posts
RIP...Apple will continue to innovate and lead its market....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts