Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I am very excited about some new and upcoming video games.

I have been playing Need for Speed World a lot lately. There isnt a Camaro, but the game is free so there is no reason not to get it. Download it at world.needforspeed.com. You can also pay 20 dollars so you can progress farther, but I will stick with the free version. It has no career, just online multiplayer racing and free roam.

In the Fall, Need for Speed is going back to it's roots with Need For Speed Hot Pursuit. I will definitely be getting this.

Today I just learned that Test Drive Unlimited 2 will be coming out this fall! I loved the first one so I will definitely get this. There arent many screenshots revealed, the a few show a 2010 Camaro. You can apply for a free beta on www.TDU2.com.

If you play Need for Speed World, or download it, post your NFS username so us MC members can be friends. Please download it :D

So feel free to post absolutely anything about the games I posted or anything about any other racing video games! :cool:

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Last racing game I bought was Split Second, it dose not have real cars (they did not buy the rights to use the cars names), but I has 2 camaro-ish cars in it so far. It is a pretty entertaining game, not the best racing/handeling, but I like the fact that you can trigger events that can wreck the other drivers, revenge is sweet.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Forza 3 is my favorite at the moment. I hope Grand Turismo 5 is everything is claims to be. I'm also looking forward to dirt 3.

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
NFS: Shift is my favorite so far. That game just doesn't stop being fun. Before that it was Grid. What I don't like about games like Forza is that I feel like I'm level grinding all the time.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Gran Tourismo:5 coming in november, ahhhhh its gonna be so sweet! so much time and money has been invested into this game in the last 4 years

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
Gran Tourismo:5 coming in november, ahhhhh its gonna be so sweet! so much time and money has been invested into this game in the last 4 years
I don't have high expectations. GT4 was a huge let down IMO. GT5 is going to have NASCAR...NASCAR? Really?! Polyphony has to be the worst developer ever.

·
Registered
720 Posts
i loved gran tourismo 4, i will admit, prologue was a waste of money imo....but the new one will be epic

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
NFS: Shift is my favorite so far. That game just doesn't stop being fun. Before that it was Grid. What I don't like about games like Forza is that I feel like I'm level grinding all the time.
I hated Grid. Couldn't keep the cars on the road. No control whatsoever. Need for Speed Carbon was better. The New GT5 should be good. There is one where you race and the crashing is spectacular. I saw a demo of it but can't remember the name. It looked really awesome.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I've been a Need For Speed fan for years. Had the first NFS then bought Hot Pursuit when it came out. I ran a Ferrari Mondial and had it down to the point I could lap computer cars three or four times before the race was over. I lost interest for many years then played a demo of Shift on the PlayStation 3 and loved it so much I bought it. Now I play NFS Shift every few days. My Camaro is maxed out with every mod available. Long straights mean the engine bounces off the rev limiter all the time. It's a fun game with a lot if tracks to keep you busy for hours and hours.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I will have to try that one. Sounds great. Wish I knew what that crash one was called. The crashes were amazing.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Burnout Paradise! Awesome game. There is a callange in there called "Road Rage" where you just try to take out your rivals. Before you know it you are a crazy man smashing everything in your way. Another is "Marked Man" where they try to get you. The AI in the game is amazing and the wrecks are way to cool to describe. You can replay them in slow mo. The whole game is like free style where you can roam anywhere and enter whatever race you want or just cause carnage where ever you want. Rent it or order it on Amazon.com for a fraction of the original cost as it has been out for a while. It is a blast. I am going to order it. I read the user reviews too and they were all positive. I played it a long time ago when it first came out at a friends house but then forgot what it was called. Got busy and didn't use my PS3 system for quite a while either. Now I have some time and want to get back into it. It has been too hot here to do anything outside anyway.

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
Burnout Paradise! Awesome game. There is a callange in there called "Road Rage" where you just try to take out your rivals. Before you know it you are a crazy man smashing everything in your way. Another is "Marked Man" where they try to get you. The AI in the game is amazing and the wrecks are way to cool to describe. You can replay them in slow mo. The whole game is like free style where you can roam anywhere and enter whatever race you want or just cause carnage where ever you want. Rent it or order it on Amazon.com for a fraction of the original cost as it has been out for a while. It is a blast. I am going to order it. I read the user reviews too and they were all positive. I played it a long time ago when it first came out at a friends house but then forgot what it was called. Got busy and didn't use my PS3 system for quite a while either. Now I have some time and want to get back into it. It has been too hot here to do anything outside anyway.
LOL I thought you meant something recent.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
LOL I thought you meant something recent.
The one you mentioned looked good, (Split Second). The graphics and the mayhem going on all around was spectacular. I said I hadn't used my PS3 for a while. Did you ever get to play Burnout Paradise? I like to buy my games after they have been out for a while. I can see if they are worth the effort to play. The last game I bought when it came out was Call of Duty Modern Warfare.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Gran Tourismo fan so I can't wait for GT5 to come out. My boys play all the NFS games on the wii & Game Cube. My oldest son came home with Blur for the PS3 last week and it's pretty **** fun.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts