Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guy's and gal's I need a favor...next time you get in your car try to put the radio on without using the key.

I know it sounds strange but today mine did just that. I was sitting in my car and I was going to check time, I meant to hit the info button but hit the power and it actually came on.

When the key is in and radio is on, it will go off with the key but I can put it right back on. I even waited past the 10 min run down time.

I never noticed this before because I always turn off radio manually before I get out.

The radio, onstar and my bluetooth will conect when I push the power button.

Could this possibly be normal?? Someone please check theirs.

Thanks

·
Registered
54 Posts
Its one of those features in the manual that is easily overlooked. This feature has been around for at least a few years on GM vehicles.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
sooo sweet, if you ever are sleeping in your car with your radio on and you have had a few drinks you dont need your key. so if the popo come up and ask if your key is in the ingnition you can be like no sir I dont want a DWI for sleeping in my car. :D

·
Premium Member
8,645 Posts
sooo sweet, if you ever are sleeping in your car with your radio on and you have had a few drinks you dont need your key. so if the popo come up and ask if your key is in the ingnition you can be like no sir I dont want a DWI for sleeping in my car. :D

Radio will cut off after 10 minutes without key in ignition (or as soon as you open the door)

·
Premium Member
8,645 Posts
Ok guy's and gal's I need a favor...next time you get in your car try to put the radio on without using the key.

I know it sounds strange but today mine did just that. I was sitting in my car and I was going to check time, I meant to hit the info button but hit the power and it actually came on.

When the key is in and radio is on, it will go off with the key but I can put it right back on. I even waited past the 10 min run down time.

I never noticed this before because I always turn off radio manually before I get out.

The radio, onstar and my bluetooth will conect when I push the power button.

Could this possibly be normal?? Someone please check theirs.

Thanks

This is just a guess but im thiking its powers everything up when you open the door........I tryed it today and mine came on with no key :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
only bummer is to keep turning it on, I am addicted to my xm :lol: so everytime I clean the whip or smoke I play alittle xm :thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts