Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like GM to give some more info on the radio - I know there's going to be "USB connectivity" but after looking at the MYGIG system in several Dodge cars, will the one in the Camaro compete?

The Dodge version has a full color screen - it seems that the Camaro's is a grey/black screen with white/ice blue letters. How much electronic storage space will be in the radio - how many Gigs? The Dodge version can supposedly store movies (not that the driver will be able to watch them while driving, but once my wife throws me out of the house for spending too much time in my Camaro, a movie playback feature may be nice-I can sit on the side of the road at night & watch a couple of movies!) - Will the one in the camaro be able to hold movies/photos, etc?

Any update on this would be really nice.....

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Well I dont have any info on the camaro's radio but I have a Jeep with the mygig system and as far as im concerned theres no way to store movies, but I think the Mygig system is great........now since my previous software wasnt compatible with my phone, now its great, I can store about 17-20 gigs of music, since another 10gigs is for navigation database, but from what I've seen on the GM side, I have yet to see something comparable with a HDD.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have a friend with the mygig and would have to say it is neat. He has family photos for back ground and stored most of his music on it. For me just being able to put music files in is enough for me but I think it will be one of the details that may sway other to the Dodge camp.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
just give me a stereo that sounds good (better than the "blose" system in my trailblazer...w/ an ipod/mp3 interface and I'm happy. I don't want the bells and whistles.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
I have a friend with the mygig and would have to say it is neat. He has family photos for back ground and stored most of his music on it. For me just being able to put music files in is enough for me but I think it will be one of the details that may sway other to the Dodge camp.
Yeah, I store photos and stuff on my iPods and phones, I don't really need photos and stuff in my dash. However, a rear view camera with a nice video of the front of the Dodge would be great... :D

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
hope you're not gonna choose your muscle car based on the size of its hardrive.. If you do you might end up in a Dodge :(
exactly...muscle cars don't need all that crap.;) higher cost, more things to break and more weight.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
If you're tech-savvy enough, might beable to beef one up to one of those new spiffy Seagate 1 Terabyte babies.

Mmmmmmmm.

That is, if those systems use standard computer harddrives.
What the heck is that? I'm no computer geek, so I have no clue on that. However, the radio question is easy...is it a satellite radio, does it sound good, and is it user-friendly? If yes to all three, it's all good. Besides, I'll be more interested in listening to the roar of 422 horsepwer as it tears up the streets. After the inevitable Mustang-beating I dole out, I'll use the radio to drown out the crying and whining from "Mustang owner".:rotflmao:

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
What the heck is that? I'm no computer geek, so I have no clue on that. However, the radio question is easy...is it a satellite radio, does it sound good, and is it user-friendly? If yes to all three, it's all good. Besides, I'll be more interested in listening to the roar of 422 horsepwer as it tears up the streets. After the inevitable Mustang-beating I dole out, I'll use the radio to drown out the crying and whining from "Mustang owner".:rotflmao:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3346290&Sku=TSD-1000AS

1000 gigabyte harddrive

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Pfft, 1TB drives are so last week.

Seagate 1.5TB is where it's at!! :D :p
that'll hold a lot of music.:eek:

I doubt they put the traditional size HD's in there...probably something more like a flash drive...smaller, cheaper and doesn't create as much heat and noise.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Cheaper? Gig for gig, solid-state drives cost quite a bit more. :p
ok, maybe gig for gig...but all you'll need is a little flash drive, say like 4 or 8g's unless you're looking for a video drive.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
4gigs don't hold many songs. :p
I know people with giant iPods that are totally full.

Hell, even Dodge has 20gigs.
ok, you got me...dodge rules because it's got the biggest hard drive.:notworthy:

I've got a 16g ipod and I have a week's worth of music and it's not close to being full. Just give me an ipod adapter and I'm happy...musclecars don't need hard-drives. I'd rather listen to the exhaust anyway.:D

1 - 20 of 51 Posts