Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was standing outside of my car showing a couple friends the new ride when on two different occasions I heard a few metallic sounding clicks from under the car near the cat. It only clicked a few times then stopped and about 20 seconds later did it again. The AC/Defrost was NOT on so I know it was not that.

I heard it yesterday again and I could get it to repeat it while the car was idling and i'd rev it up a little...it is a metallic click or metallic creaking, hard to describe. Anyone have any ideas? Also the car only has 170 miles on it.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I heard some clicking noises today too. I think they are solenoids or switches in the emissions system. Mine are coming from under the hood, maybe on the firewall. These new cars just make different noises!;)

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
probably just the cat heating up and expending...I wouldn't worry about it. With only 170 miles on it, things are still getting worked in.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
The ABS unit will cycle occasionally as a self check as well. I have also heard similar noises coming from the rear of the car like it was doing a slef-check on something...definitely has a mind of its own. :lol:
yup...there's other clicking noise (4 clicks, sounds like a turn-signal) from the fuel system (rear of car) every once in a while.

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
its the fuel system. i wondered the same thing and i felt around and the only thing i felt it was coming from was the fuel rails, i could feel the pulsing when it made those clicks. when i took my car into the shop a couple days ago, i asked them about it and they said its normal.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Haven't heard anything like that on mine. But I only have 15 miles on it so far. hehehe. Thanks for the heads up though and will be listening for it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've heard that before too, almost sounds like it comes from the trunk.
5 quick clicks.

If it's normal, I'm ok with it. :)
Exactly! i'm glad its not just me and I have heard it less now that I'm almost up to a whopping 300 miles :D

I was also wondering if my idle was rough but then I remembered two things:

1. I am driving a 6.2 Liter V8 Muscle Car not a 2.0 Honda I-Vtec Anymore so it is not going to feel like a sewing machine at idle.

2. The Camaro I test drove in FL idled the same exact way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts