Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I purchased and received my Raptor shift light, however, the installation is not as easy as the manual shows, there are 4 cables to be tapped in the main wiring of the car. Has anyone here installed it before? If so, how complicated it was? Please help!! Will return it if not sure on the installation process, don't want to damage any cable on the car. :dunno:

Thanks

·
Registered
299 Posts
If this is anything like a tach install it is difficult. Well, for me it was above my head. Your camaro has 8 ignition coils, this means you can't hook it up to just the negative side of one. A tach gauge should be ran through the ECM like a car security system. I know you said shift light but i bet its ran the same way, off of RPM.

I could be wrong, i don't know for sure. I just know i had an after market tach i was going to install (changed my mind) and i would of had to go to someone thst deals in car alarm systems because like i said, the one wire for the alarm system goes into the ECM where the Tach would go also

·
Registered
299 Posts
Go to a car alarm installer and have them do it. Don't listen to people on here that say it should be easy or that call you a loser because you need help. Its your car, and not everyone is an expert like some people on this forum pretend they are

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Go to a car alarm installer and have them do it. Don't listen to people on here that say it should be easy or that call you a loser because you need help. Its your car, and not everyone is an expert like some people on this forum pretend they are

Thanks for the advice, agreed 100%!!!!

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
I agree ... if its something you want, go pay for someone to put it in ... what's easy for some is not necessarily easy for others ... others don't have the time or desire to have their car sit for the amount of time to make something work. Personally, I would love to do all my imagined mods myself, but realistically, I am not going to experiment on a 40K car or let it sit idle as I figure something out for a month. Then, of course, there is always the threat of not only ending up giving it up, but also having to pay for a tow, AND paying for new parts.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I agree ... if its something you want, go pay for someone to put it in ... what's easy for some is not necessarily easy for others ... others don't have the time or desire to have their car sit for the amount of time to make something work. Personally, I would love to do all my imagined mods myself, but realistically, I am not going to experiment on a 40K car or let it sit idle as I figure something out for a month. Then, of course, there is always the threat of not only ending up giving it up, but also having to pay for a tow, AND paying for new parts.
:agree::agree::agree::agree::agree:

·
Registered
334 Posts
It's not too easy to splice wires. Take it to a good speed shop or custom installer and let them do it for you. And check their work after they finish and before you pay them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts