Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know there is another thread on the movie but its not rating so thats why I made this post. In your opinion... lets Rate the movie compared to the 1st Movie..................

1 Horrible to 10 AWSOME :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have yet to read a good review on this movie.

I will still go see it as it is in my taste of films.

One thing to consider, how would all of you rate it if the Camaro was NOT in the movie?
Good point :thumbsup:
See im going to go watch it yeah because of the Camaro , Yeah because of Megan Fox lol but also I grew up to Transformers in the 80's early 90's :thumbsup:

Last of REAL cartoons IMO

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have yet to read a good review on this movie.

I will still go see it as it is in my taste of films.

One thing to consider, how would all of you rate it if the Camaro was NOT in the movie?
critics didnt like the first one either

my opinion is if you liked the first one, you'll like this one.. its more of the same corny cheesy humor mixed in with intense, fast paced, sometimes hard to follow action scenes

everything is bigger and more intense in this movie

Optimus Prime is the star, he kicks some serious butt

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Glad to see optimus prime is the Hero :thumbsup:

would yall say BumbleBee is in this movie more , about the same amount or less ?

·
Registered
21 Posts
bumblebee is in the movie plenty... and he has some kickass moments too

one thing that bugged me though is that there is basically no development of a lot of the newer transformers..
Well dont forget at the end of the last move OP called out to space for any other Autobot to come to earth. In the beginning of this one they had a one liner about where the new Bots came from.

The movie is a 7.5 maybe eight. The stuff I am sure they had to cut to get the movie down to a reasonable time frame is really missed.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Well dont forget at the end of the last move OP called out to space for any other Autobot to come to earth. In the beginning of this one they had a one liner about where the new Bots came from.
oh i know where they came from and why they came.. its just they were just not developed as characters at all, besides the twins

·
Registered
41 Posts
The stuff I am sure they had to cut to get the movie down to a reasonable time frame is really missed.
Wow... I thought there was still a ton of stuff that could have been cut. If the movie was 1.5~2 hours it would have been much better. The fact they rushed the movie into production because of the writers strike really showed.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I give it a 6. The ONLY thing that kept it from being an 8 or 9 was the anticlimax of the final battle scene. I won't ruin it for those of you haven't yet seen it but it's basically a 2.5 hour build up for a ten second battle. Oh and it was lame how Bumblebee exploded while carrying Megan Fox so they both won't be in any more of the movies

Just KIDDING!!

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
bumblebee is in the movie plenty... and he has some kickass moments too

one thing that bugged me though is that there is basically no development of a lot of the newer transformers..
Yeah, I also lamented the lack of giant robot character development.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I give it a 5, especially compared to the first one. The first one was like the original "Jurassic Park." The special effects were so awesome that you forgot about the lousy dialogue and lack of plot because the whole time you were thinking "HOLY SH!T THAT CAMARO JUST TURNED INTO A GIANT ROBOT AND I TOTALLY BELIEVE THAT IT REALLY HAPPENED!!" I left the theater after the first one with a goofy grin plastered to my face that just wasn't there after this one.

With this one, it's like the "Jurassic Park" sequels. We've seen all the special effects before, so they really need better plot and dialogue to actually carry the story. The plot made little to no sense. They added new characters all over the place, including a bunch of "generic" Decepticons for the final battle, and tried to throw in a huge amount of back story that was left out of the first one. I also agree with the post above that the final battle was a bit anti- climatic.

I don't want to sound like a dick because this movie wasn't Shakespeare, but you can have a blockbuster action film with a coherent plot. It's still a fun movie, but I think it could have been better, even though it's about giant robots. I've read that the writer's strike may have really screwed with the timing of this film in particular and I think that's probably true. Hopefully the third one will be better.

The humor was also a lot cruder than it was in the first one, especially considering the huge number of under 13 year- olds that will be seeing this movie. I took my 9 year- old to see it and there were a number of cringe worthy moments. I expected it to be PG-13 for violence, not for risque humor.

It was worth the price of admission, but I won't be bothering to see it multiple times in the theater the way I did the first one. I'll still get the DVD when it comes out this Christmas and I look forward to seeing the 3rd one. Frankly, I hope they end it after a 3rd installment. By the time the 3rd one comes around, I'll have my own 5th Gen and won't need as much of a fix. Movies that are the fourth or later in a series usually suck hard.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Very long with some scenes which could/should have been deleted. Personally walked out of there thinking the first one was much better but liked this one as well.

A 7.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Any movie with megan fox and a camaro will be worth sitting through

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
long, and too much stupid humor, great fx. fyi- don't bring small kids if you don't want them to hear cursing. 6

1 - 20 of 57 Posts