Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"True, this car has great performance for the money. But that's all you can compare it to with a BMW. BMW has that overall package, with great interiors, great technology, luxury, build quality, reliability, safety, etc. That is why the BMW will cost significantly more. But the G8 is a very nice car."

More...

·
Registered
181 Posts
"Frankly, looking at the front-view photo in your column, it could just as easily be mistaken for a Vibe, Torrent, G6, GTO, or for that matter, a 4-year-old Grand Prix. Mark was generous in referring to the front end as 'familiar,' where terms such as 'clone,' 'tired' and 'same-old' would have been just as accurate."

I guess I can see where they are coming from, I mean the Vibe, Torrent, G6, GTO, or for that matter, a 4-year-old Grand Prix do all have steering wheels, shifters, pedals, radios...

Can you tell the difference? :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
I guess I can see where they are coming from, I mean the Vibe, Torrent, G6, GTO, or for that matter, a 4-year-old Grand Prix do all have steering wheels, shifters, pedals, radios...

Can you tell the difference? :lol:
Actually, I think they mean this kind of front.... and I don't know about you guys, but I thought most car companies TRY to make their front grills look the same, for product recognition. Why else would the Cayenne be so fugly?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Actually, I think they mean this kind of front.... and I don't know about you guys, but I thought most car companies TRY to make their front grills look the same, for product recognition.
Whoops :BangHead: They started talking about interiors than changed the subject on me.

I agree with you, and Pontiac isn't the only car manufacture that tries to keep the front the same.

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
^ I was about to say it. lol.

BMW is the worst for doing that. At least the fenders and bodyline vary more on a Pontiac. I still think the G8 is reasonable competition to a 5 series. Prolly more of a threat when the GXP hits the streets against the M5. I just think the little nancy boys are just getting there polo shirt collars ruffled when someone even mentions a Pontiac coming to steal there blonde and show her a real good time.

I like BMWs dont get me wrong. But this G8 has the stuff, and GXP...prolly more. I dont like being stuck with what a buy. I like to make what I buy better and customized to fit me. Whether it performance, looks, or options; the G8 will steal the cookies. The G8 prolly wont take from normally BMW customers because they prolly shopping for a name, not a car. But for those who grab the wheel and savor the experience of stepping on the throttle, feeling the torque, hearing the deep exhaust note will enjoy a G8.

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Exactly. I garuntee someone who has never set foot in a BMW and is unbiased comming into the equation can and will take note of a G8 if they start shopping. If you knew nothing beforehand of both vehicles the choice would probably be a very hard one to make.

I love how the little snob says it looks like every other Pontiac. So does Porsche, BMW, Benz, etc. lol clown.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts