Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been shopping for a set of headers and given the huge price difference shortys are becoming an appealing prospect. I have only ever used long tube headers and I just wanted to know if anyone could share their experience with shortys and the hp/torq gains.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Doug Thorley posted some pretty impressive dyno #'s w/ their shorties. The LT's were only slightly better from what I remember. Probably done without a tune though.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
I've always heard that shorties were a waste, that's why I was surprised with the dyno #'s of the Thorley's.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The problem with going with Long Tube Headers is you have to tune them and that will void your warranty. I think there are a lot of us who are curious if there are decent gains to be had by going with Shorty Headers. I am not buying some of the 20 HP gains Ive seen the manufacturers suggest but I am wondering 8 to 15 HP is reasonable expectations.

Has anyone out there put shorties on their Camaro and if so what type of numbers did you see?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Good to see that shorties actually make some power on the fifth gen! Out here in CA, our options are very limited.
:werd: Which is why I went with the DT shorties and I've been pleased. Of course I would have rather had LT but you gotta do what you gotta do in the tree hugger state of CA.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Do those DT's have a carb number? What kinda gains did you see?
YUP, there is a plate with the CARB EO# stamped into it, welded on the left header, facing up for all to see.... I have no dyno at hand so I can't answer your second questions with exact numbers (butt dyno likes them tho! :thumbsup:)

·
Registered
169 Posts
I just have an Axle back exhaust, but I didn't see any gains from the JBA shorties! I know the dyno was done at 2 different times in Very different weather, but still...

I was handed a CARB sticker as it was not attached to the headers...

·
Premium Member
622 Posts
I installed my JBA's on Sat. and so far I have no complaint. I do think on the Butt Dyno I can feel a gain.CARB sticker? I live in Michigan so I guess it dosn't matter if I have it or not. The install was a little tricky on the passenger side but other than that, no problem.

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

1 - 18 of 18 Posts