Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will it take 9.3 seconds to power the pass seat forward for rear seat access (like the GTO)?

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
My 2004 GTO seat motor is slow, but I don't let it be a big enough deal to worry me. 2006 seat motors are faster. If you ever replace one, those are the ones to get.

Unless you are putting some really big people in the back you shouldn't need to move the entire range from all the way back to front. Use the manual seat-back forward lever as well.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Power Seat Speed

The time that it takes to move the drivers seat from the full rearward position to full front postion -- 12.62 Sec.The passengers bucket seat has power movement , only for the back support.Manual front to rear slider for the passenger side.

·
Banned
1,136 Posts
Will it take 9.3 seconds to power the pass seat forward for rear seat access (like the GTO)?
I think the key question is...what do you plan to DO in the back seat? :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
The time that it takes to move the drivers seat from the full rearward position to full front postion -- 12.62 Sec.The passengers bucket seat has power movement , only for the back support.Manual front to rear slider for the passenger side.
So, then it looks like the most feasible entry for rear seat passengers would be on the passenger side since the seat slides forward much quicker than the driver's side.

Any other interesting tidbits you can share with us?;)

·
Registered
256 Posts
i am 5'9 and my head was all over the ceiling. i would need another 2 inches taken off to clear it. I never plan to EVER have to get back there. its hell

·
Registered
108 Posts
i am 5'9 and my head was all over the ceiling. i would need another 2 inches taken off to clear it. I never plan to EVER have to get back there. its hell
Yeah... headroom is a bit tight back there - I'm 6'1".
At least you can climb in from both sides of the car! ... unlike the Challenger's setup where only the seatback on the passenger side can be moved forward!!:eek:

Best regardSS,

Elie

·
Banned
1,136 Posts
What kind of hairstyle you sportin', bro?:D
If Shaquille O'Neal can fit in a Smart Cabriolet (with the top open?)...

...then ANYBODY should fit into a 2010 Camaro (may need to order the sunroof and leave it open, but fit none the less! :lol:)

·
Registered
906 Posts
While at the Cleveland Auto Show my dad and I sat in a Camaro...he thought the front had tons of leg room, then I looked in the back. Hope they have short legs :lol:

·
Registered
256 Posts
my calfs were touching my seat and my shins were touching the seat in front of me. im sure the front passenger could have moved the seat up a bit more, but headroom was the major issue.. like i said, im 5'9 and my hair is short

·
Registered
208 Posts
I sat in the backseat and I thought the leg and hip room was a big improvement over the 4th gen. I guess I didn't check headroom because it didn't bother me :confused:

I had my friend sit in the front seat comfortably(he moved the seat back til he felt comfortable) while back there

I'm 5' 11

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
Well i am 6'6 and my brother is about 6'8 so i guess we would not be able to sit in the back comfortably

·
Registered
256 Posts
I sat in the backseat and I thought the leg and hip room was a big improvement over the 4th gen. I guess I didn't check headroom because it didn't bother me :confused:

I had my friend sit in the front seat comfortably(he moved the seat back til he felt comfortable) while back there

I'm 5' 11
what?! im 5'9 and my head was all over the roof if my back was against the seat

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
do you plan to drive from the back??:lol:

if anyone plan's to ride they can squeeze in if they really want... i plan to only sit in the Driver's seat when i get mine...

·
8,984 Posts
what?! im 5'9 and my head was all over the roof if my back was against the seat
He has a 4'8" Torso and 13" legs.

SERIOUSLY, guys.

The reason some of us fit and some of us don't, is because some of our legs are longer than others, therefore our torsos are longer/shorter than others.

Simple math is a stretch for some of you isn't it.:lol:

·
8,984 Posts
I also believe that the internet makes sme of us taller than we really are.

I tell everyone I am 5'11" 225, but I am actually 5'4" 300 lbs.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Lmao, i'm 6'0" and fit in the back of a cavalier.. if you wanna get technical i'm 5'11" and 3/4" without my shoes :eek:

(I don't tell people my weight, they generally get pissed... :D)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts