Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How wide a tire can you put on. I have a 2010 Camaro ss and was wondering if anyone has gone wider on their rear tires than the 275s they come with?

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
For a proper fit and depending on the mfg'er (as they differ in their width requirements) a 285 or 295 (on the ones that run narrower) would be the max. You also have to factor in OD. You can't have more than a 5% variance front to rear and not run the risk of upsetting the ABS, Stabilitrak etc.

If you change the wheels you can run 315/35's properly on a 10.5in wide. Some are running them on a 10in wide but all pics I have seen they are squeezed a bit....

·
Banned
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was having something checked at the dealer today and was looking at a new ZL1 and it had 305's on the back and 285s I think on the front. It looked sweet. So no way those same 305s would fit on mine?

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I was having something checked at the dealer today and was looking at a new ZL1 and it had 305's on the back and 285s I think on the front. It looked sweet. So no way those same 305s would fit on mine?
good question i am curious as well

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
good question i am curious as well
The ZL1 has wider rims to start with: 20x10 front & 20x11 rear and is why it can accept wider tires.

Yes, you could cram them on your wheels but that really isn't a good fit....

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
The ZL1 has wider rims to start with: 20x10 front & 20x11 rear and is why it can accept wider tires.

Yes, you could cram them on your wheels but that really isn't a good fit....
so it def has to be a 20x11?

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
so it def has to be a 20x11?
It depends on the tire manufacturer you choose. They all have "ranges" of fitment. For example Nitto recommends an 11.0 for a 305 but "allow" a 10.5... But trying to go a full inch either way isn't recommended.

It is best to check the mfg'er websites (they usually list the data) AND talk to a seasoned tire pro before doing anything. And keep in mind the info in my earlier post so as not to upset the ABS/Stabilitrak....

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
315's on a properly fitted rim will fit out back.
I know, ain't it cool!! :D I love my 315 Invo's :yay: But I still need more traction :rolleyes: Too bad the Comp 2's don't come in grown up sizes, errr ummm or should I say big kid sizes :lol:

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
It depends on the tire manufacturer you choose. They all have "ranges" of fitment. For example Nitto recommends an 11.0 for a 305 but "allow" a 10.5... But trying to go a full inch either way isn't recommended.

It is best to check the mfg'er websites (they usually list the data) AND talk to a seasoned tire pro before doing anything. And keep in mind the info in my earlier post so as not to upset the ABS/Stabilitrak....
gotcha so the stock rims are 20x10?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts