Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2011 2LT had a water leak last year in the rear trunk which went in for repair. The dealership replaced the rear trunk seal due to a small pin hole and put a tar like substance on the tubes that run inside the trunk where the speakers are located. They also repaired the inner back lip of the hatch that opens in which rust was forming.

As of yesterday I noticed a water puddle and last night we received some heavy downpour down here in South Florida and sure enough I find this....

Seems to be coming from these holes on both sides of the trunk.. The rear hatch lip is starting to look funky again. I am not happy about this for a car with only 17k miles on it!

·
Premium Member
8,645 Posts
Oh no so sorry to hear. Man that just sucks. They need to make this right.:angry:

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh no so sorry to hear. Man that just sucks. They need to make this right.:angry:
Yeah I agree. Car is scheduled to go into a different dealership to have the work done on it next week Monday. Will post back results.

·
Support MC & Troops
11,807 Posts

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Mine was leaking because my sunroof drain tubes separated. Easy fix though.

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
I was thinking about the sunroof issue but I didn't see one in the pic

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sunroof drain tubes have been zip tied together and no longer leaks. Time will tell as I will be watching this closely. That is what they should've done the first time it went into the shop at the other dealership. This time it has been corrected the way it should have been. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
so there is a sunroof!!!

·
Support MC & Troops
11,807 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
How is this working out for you. I actually just posted on your first post, the original leak then came across this one with it leaking again. Can someone post a picture of where you had to zip tie the sunroof drains together?

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How is this working out for you. I actually just posted on your first post, the original leak then came across this one with it leaking again. Can someone post a picture of where you had to zip tie the sunroof drains together?
Sorry didn't see your post till now. If you look in the trunk, look to the upper front left/right corners where the trunk hinges are and you will see where the hoses are. That is where they zip tied the hoses.

However, upon taking my Camaro to a different dealership other than where I originally purchased the car new, they found that the problems I originally had did not come from those areas, therefore the problem was never fixed.

If you look on the roof of your Camaro, you will see two strips painted or unpainted. One running along the outside of the sunroof on each side by the door windows. Under the strips are hoses/tubing. My problem occurred here in which the water did not enter the tubes, rather ran along side the tubes on the body of the car under the strips and worked its way into the trunk. The service technician then had to replace the hoses with new tubing then reseal everything.

As of now no leak! :smile: Sad thing though, I had to pay $600 + dollars since the extended warranty did not cover leaks. IF only I had known this while still under the factory warranty. I'm pissed because the original dealership was lazy and had poor service among other issues I ran into with them. They were reported to the BBB. As of now my Camaro has been receiving excellent service at a dealership near my home. I couldn't be happier.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts