Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have had some pretty heavy downpour the past few days down here in South Florida. I just came out this morning and opened the trunk to my 11' 2LT coupe and found a water puddle sitting on top of the Camaro mat. I am unsure as to where the leak could be coming from. It also got the carpet wet underneath it as well. Some of it had evaporated - however the water stain on the mat seems to be larger than the exposed water puddle which leads me to believe this was a rather large leak. Any one else have this problem? :mad:

·
Premium Member
4,382 Posts
It is unlickly it came in around the trunk to body gasket since it is so high, I have heard that a loose fastener under the rear spoiler on the trunk can allow water to seep under the mountings and leak inside.:confused:

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Nothing common... No bulletins from GM that I can find.. It would be under warranty, I would have the GM dealer just do a diagnostic, they can check for water leaks.. shouldn't be too hard to let water run on it and fold the seat down to see where it comes in at.

·
Registered
383 Posts
We have had some pretty heavy downpour the past few days down here in South Florida. I just came out this morning and opened the trunk to my 11' 2LT coupe and found a water puddle sitting on top of the Camaro mat. I am unsure as to where the leak could be coming from. It also got the carpet wet underneath it as well. Some of it had evaporated - however the water stain on the mat seems to be larger than the exposed water puddle which leads me to believe this was a rather large leak. Any one else have this problem? :mad:
Hello RS_2LT_SummitWhite11,

So sorry for that surprise in your vehicle, that’s not something we would like waiting for you before you take off. Have you had the chance to take it to a dealer by any chance? If not, I recommend doing so. If you like I can assist you here. I would need some information from you to get started so just let me know if I can help.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I had the same issue but it was from the sunroof drain lines coming apart inside the trunk. I had to wire tie them together to stop them from separating. If you have a sunroof look at the drain lines.

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
I had the same issue but it was from the sunroof drain lines coming apart inside the trunk. I had to wire tie them together to stop them from separating. If you have a sunroof look at the drain lines.
I have a sunroof, where am I looking for these drain lines?

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Pop the trunk look up inside the left and right side you will see two plastic hoses on both sides. You kinda have to stick your head inside of the trunk. Mine were easy to see cause they were separated.

·
Premium Member
4,382 Posts
I had forgotten about those, your probably correct!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hello RS_2LT_SummitWhite11,

So sorry for that surprise in your vehicle, that’s not something we would like waiting for you before you take off. Have you had the chance to take it to a dealer by any chance? If not, I recommend doing so. If you like I can assist you here. I would need some information from you to get started so just let me know if I can help.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Thank you for your reply. I will send you a PM.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pop the trunk look up inside the left and right side you will see two plastic hoses on both sides. You kinda have to stick your head inside of the trunk. Mine were easy to see cause they were separated.
I checked the drain hoses and they seem to be in their proper seating position.

I also removed the spare tire lid recently in the trunk and found heavy condensation on top of the air pump. Had to wipe it dry. Will be bringing it to the dealership.

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
This might help.
I took this picture during the heads up display install. The drain holes are the little rubber grommets in the trunk area. The water drains out behind the tail lights.
yep, that helps a lot, I had no idea those were anything ... thanks ... no problems here yet, but gives me something to look at

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Just look underneath you will see the hoses. You will also notice it's a ****ty design. I should not have to zip tie the **** things together.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Update - I dropped off the car last week Thursday at the dealership and didn't get it back till yesterday evening. What they found was the rear trunk seal needed to be replaced because it was not properly sealed and they also added a tar-like substance around the rubber hoses in the back where a leak possibly could have come from. Not only that - the car had to go into the bodyshop for repair since the bottom inside of the trunk lid towards the rear window had rust forming on the inner lip area in which they corrected and repainted. This procedure required removal of the rear trunk lid. Overall - with all the rain we have been getting still this week - as of last night - none has been seen in the trunk well. They did good work in correcting the issue! Thank you Reggie for your assistance in everything!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just want to scream this out. Wonder if it is a Camaro issue. I am now having the exact same issue with my 2012. The trunk is drying out now and ill look into the leak this week. The Pacific Northwest is a killer with rain.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Reggie I just bought my 2012 Camaro and it still has some time left on the warranty. I got wet trunk on passenger side and the spare tire had moisture on it also. I have a Chevy dealer near me i guess i'll take it in for a look. Shame cause i have had this car for about a week and really love it. but i don't like this issue cause it's almost 5 years old and i'm a new owner and don't know how long its been going on. Mark D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts