Premium Member
6,264 Posts
Does the front trunk leak?
:laugh:

·
Premium Member
4,393 Posts
leaks...

Never had a problem with "leaks" on my 2010 SS/RS with sun roof (front or rear) :wink:

·
Registered
729 Posts
I haven't had any water issues with mine ....I open and close the trunk a lot too. I have noticed over 7 years of talking with people about all kinds of cars though that the drain lines and seals don't 'seem' like they are a vehicle type, even brand specific issue; seems more isolated and sporadic kind of stuff. Glad yours was dealt with and seems to be operating good now with no wet:)

·
Banned
1 Posts
Water in Trunk

I have a 2013 Chevrolet Camaro and it just came out of the shop. The battery is positioned in the trunk where a spare tire usually is and the hose from my sunroof (which is designed to hang loose) came disconnected and flooded my trunk. This hose is designed to disperse the water out of the back of the car which drains from the sunroof. Due to the flooding which created a pool of water around my battery, shorted my entire electrical system and I had to have the body harness replaced!. This is extremely expensive. When I asked "how can I prevent this from happening again", I was told to just keep checking the trunk for water. This is poor design by GM and I would think there should be a better solution than this!. Buyer be ware!. I am now stuck with a car that could ultimately become garbage as I cannot afford to keep socking money into it to replace an electrical harness and computer module!.

Very disappointed GM!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just want to scream this out. Wonder if it is a Camaro issue. I am now having the exact same issue with my 2012. The trunk is drying out now and ill look into the leak this week. The Pacific Northwest is a killer with rain.
Scratching my head. I had wet front floors as well as trunk. I checked my drain hoses in trunk. I even sealed them w tub caulk. Still got wet. Months after. I’m going to locat my lines n blow air up from bottom

·
Registered
2 Posts
We have had some pretty heavy downpour the past few days down here in South Florida. I just came out this morning and opened the trunk to my 11' 2LT coupe and found a water puddle sitting on top of the Camaro mat. I am unsure as to where the leak could be coming from. It also got the carpet wet underneath it as well. Some of it had evaporated - however the water stain on the mat seems to be larger than the exposed water puddle which leads me to believe this was a rather large leak. Any one else have this problem? :mad:

·
Registered
2 Posts
We have had some pretty heavy downpour the past few days down here in South Florida. I just came out this morning and opened the trunk to my 11' 2LT coupe and found a water puddle sitting on top of the Camaro mat. I am unsure as to where the leak could be coming from. It also got the carpet wet underneath it as well. Some of it had evaporated - however the water stain on the mat seems to be larger than the exposed water puddle which leads me to believe this was a rather large leak. Any one else have this problem? :mad:
I have a 2016, water has been getting the trunk. I did not know until I look under where the spare tire is it is full of mold. Drop it off today at dealership , that is a health hazard. :mad:

·
Premium Member
4,393 Posts
Check the hoses where they connect to the hose barb at the exit point. Mine had shrunk up due to ageing and I just pushed them back on the barb a little bit and sealed around end of hose with RTV, problem solved.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts