Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey... I'm new here, but figured I'd share with my first post.
Yes, I will be getting a blue w/ white stripe 2010 SS Camaro to match my 69 Camaro.

If you want just pictures, link is at the bottom of this post.

But what you guys ARE waiting to hear is about the 2010 Camaro.
I was invited as a representative of RodandPiston.com to the 100th Anniversary of GM and the 70th Anniversary of the Tonawanda Engine Plant.

So other than seeing my friends cars there on display, I also found out they brought the 2010 Camaro.

I heard it was an RS, but also heard it was the production model, and not a concept. I got a bunch of pics before it got crowded. The car was on display near the stage with a friends 67 396 Camaro convertible. I got to check it out in detail. Fit, finish, overall look, awesome. The color was gorgeous.

In addition to taking pictures, I also got to sit in it. I started talking with the guy that was the keyholder and he accidentally unlocked the door and got to talking about opening the door so we can get some pics inside. One thing led to another and I was sitting in it.

I can actually compare the interior of the new Camaro to that of the Mustang and the Challenger since I have driven them. The interior of the Camaro wins on all 3 of them for the actual comfort and functionality. The seat felt just right with guages in perfect viewing area. You don't have the same hard blind spots that you have with the Challenger. It doesn't feel like the cheap interior that GM gets slack for with other models. Other than my drool on the steering wheel...... ;)

Oh yea, and not a fan of the sunroof. It's nice in my daily driver, but I'd never have one in my 69 Camaro, so I don't want to have it on my 2010.

I didn't get him to open the hood...... yet. But he said it was a V8. I thought since it had the RS tags and basic brakes that it was a V6.

So I did take a bunch of detailed pictures inside and outside to share.

There also was a parade for the anniversary. The same man was going to drive it for that. I wish I had my video camera for it, but pictures have to suffice. When he passed me I told him to throw some revs. It honestly sounded very tame. I will honestly need a more throaty exhaust from it if that is what it sound like.

They had a delay for the parade, so I talked with him again and said, how about popping the hood. :D

After the parade they parked it at the car show. They had the doors locked and windows closed and hood down so you couldn't get much detailed pics.

So if you want to see ALL the pics, here is the link to the gallery:
http://picasaweb.google.com/rodandpiston/2010CamaroProductionModel#

Any questions, just ask.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
A few more shots to add to it.

Notice no Brembos
245/45ZR20 Pirelli PZero in front
(Rear had 275/40ZR20)

No paddle shift

Shifter and guages

Sunroof

Larger interior view

160MPH speedo and 8k tach

Suprisingly there is a lot of room for headers, etc. VERY mechanic friendly

Driving

Winkin at ya

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
I still can't help but stare when looking at the Interior... Thanks for posting these pics. They rule, and so does your '69!

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
I love the engine cover. I love to do some custom airbrushing on that thing.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Am i the only one who is wondering about the V8 in this car? It is obviously not an SS which means it should have a v6.... so this is either a concept/preproduction or there will be an option of a v8 in the ls/lt trim levels. It san't be an ss b/c 1)no hood scoop 2) no brembos and 3)no SS badge...??????????????:confused:

·
Registered
313 Posts
That car is a pre-production.

Many MANY quality and detail improvements will be applied to the production.

Those pics are awesome!! BUT I cringe a little every time I see that interior because I know how many improvements have been made on the quality and design since that car was put together!

·
Premium Member
2,774 Posts
welcome and great pics!!!

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Welcome and Thank You! More pics/info is ALWAYS appreciated! Pretty good to get rep on your first post!

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
great pix...thanks for sharing.

welcome to the site!:hello:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
I read on another 5th Gen Camaro site that they were commenting about the salesman mentioning pricing. I am friends with the General Manager at the dealership and he assures me, they DO NOT have any pricing on them. Maybe the salesperson at the show was going off rumors and speculation. Until it gets mentioned by GM honchos, we won't know. Hopefully it's a nice price so my wife is even more satisfied with our next purchase ;)

idk but i dont think this is a production car nor a pre production.... looks like a concept to me
This was NOT a concept car. This had the changes that GM stated were going to be made to the car. I believe this one will be in Indy next week.

The headlights looked cool as hell when he unlocked it. The glow around the lights looked sweet!

I honestly think this might be the same car that was at Woodward
http://jalopnik.com/399054/video-new-camaro-playing-sweet-v8+powered-music-on-main-street

I still can't help but stare when looking at the Interior... Thanks for posting these pics. They rule, and so does your '69!
Oh my 69, just a little toy of mine :D
Soon to have a little brother 2010 SS with similiar colors.

472 Big Block Powa!

Few more detailed pics og my 69 at:
http://www.rodandpiston.com/db/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6233

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
Thanks for posting the great pics, Joe. Rep points coming your way!:roxor:

.....and welcome to the site!:hello:

1 - 20 of 51 Posts