Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
No doubt. When I was looking for a wheel on my 4th gen, most people were like nahh it won't look right... Until we mounted them on the car. The right wheel sets the car off.

my old ride

·
Registered
240 Posts
I honestly think the hockey stripe alone would look ten times better. The hood and rear end single stripe do nothing except take away from the paint job. :confused:
I have the same color/strip combo on order and I've thought about not having the hood/back stripe put on. I've also considered spending more and getting the rally stripe set and having those put on the hood/back with the hockey stripes.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have the same color/strip combo on order and I've thought about not having the hood/back stripe put on. I've also considered spending more and getting the rally stripe set and having those put on the hood/back with the hockey stripes.
We have played around with many diffenent stripes. One thing we did conclude is that most of the time, less is better. When you have too many stripes, it looks like a mess. Keep it clean looking. not too busy.

·
Registered
646 Posts
yea there's too much going on in that car.

one thing that bugs is the how the hocket stick is broken up from the front end to the front fender. My eye just can't look away from it. I'm a perfectionist though.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yea there's too much going on in that car.

one thing that bugs is the how the hocket stick is broken up from the front end to the front fender. My eye just can't look away from it. I'm a perfectionist though.
This is the problem with decals. The bumper and fender meet up there. The best way to do it is to paint them. Our plan is to paint more rather than install decals. No gaps needed between panels.

·
Registered
63 Posts
This is the problem with decals. The bumper and fender meet up there. The best way to do it is to paint them. Our plan is to paint more rather than install decals. No gaps needed between panels.
That's exactly right. The decals are a quick apply and have their own problems. If you can bury the painted stripes under clear you'll be even better off.

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Though I would probably have done the hockey stripe alone as well or the rally stripes it is still looks good to me and with the black rims it would even better.

·
Registered
326 Posts
We think black wheels would look much better on this car. Tie in with the black stripes. The bright wheels take away from the rest of the car.
Yeah gonna buy a can of Krylon and hook my ride up

Seriously though I saw one company had accent stripes that went on the side of the scoop to me it makes the scoop stand out a bit may go that way,
getting whatever I do painted so I better like it. And l love the way the point of the hockey leads right into the rear "haunches"

·
Registered
471 Posts
Black wheels are better...still not good though.

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
I like the center stripe.... The hockey stripe with a gap between the nose really kills it. I want to take a sharpie and color that gap Black!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts