Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Completing the fuel-economy story for the redesigned 2011 Mustang, Ford said Tuesday that the V8-powered pony car is rated at 26 mpg on the highway and 17 mpg in city driving.

More...

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
they're finally starting to catch up with GM... but i'm sure GM has some tricks up their sleeve too :lol:

·
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple
11,842 Posts
Wow, that is impressive.
You gotta hand it to Ford, they sure did their homework! :thumbsup:

But it's clear what the BENCHMARK is for the segment... CAMARO! :thumbsup:

And Chevy isn't done yet. :D ;)

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Nice - that new 5.0 Mustang should be one hell of a ride :D
Not to mention a 5.0L displacement probably helped them along side the DOHC setup. Still can't match us squeezing 25mpg or so out of a pushrod setup.

I honestly think that thing could hit 30 with a proper tune and careful gearing to keep track times up.

GM.. can we have a Longie Northstar now?

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
i'll take my pushrod V8 over a DOHC setup any day. ;)

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
i'll take my pushrod V8 over a DOHC setup any day. ;)
Reliable.. nuff said. Proven since day one. However I'd like to see what they could do with a longitudinal setup of a Northstar/LT5 sourced type engine.

·
Supporting Super Moderator
5,668 Posts
Bring on DI V8s GM!

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
Not to mention a 5.0L displacement probably helped them along side the DOHC setup. Still can't match us squeezing 25mpg or so out of a pushrod setup.

I honestly think that thing could hit 30 with a proper tune and careful gearing to keep track times up.

GM.. can we have a Longie Northstar now?
No Northstar for me, thanks :lol:

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
How about one that wasn't tuned for great grandma fanny's fwd STS?
I like the Northstar, but the EXPENSIVE coolant problem will keep me from having one. A local guy still has one in his Fiero GT, badass ride :D

That and from what I understand having to remove the intake to change the starter.

They can keep the DOHC. Bigger, heavier, more expensive, less room for cubes, way more expensive NA upgrades, more components to fail, and for all that technobable no real benefit over a pushrod LS3. They can add DI if they want but hopefully they don't follow suit with the OHC stuff.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts