Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
I got it, Love it. Its starting to get cold here in NJ so I have the seat heaters and heat on when I get rdy for work. By the time I get in car its toasty...
This is a feature I am most definitely getting.... What I do now is go out a couple minutes early start the car and blast the heat so when I actually leave its warm

·
Registered
24 Posts
They really need to offer this on the stick cars. They can detect when it's in gear anyway so I can't see a reason not to offer it.

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
It is indeed an amazing feature. I love it so much although people seem to hate me for it because they have to go outside to warm their car up.

Boost they don't have remote start for manual transmissions because the clutch would have to be engaged in order for the car to idle.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Boost they don't have remote start for manual transmissions because the clutch would have to be engaged in order for the car to idle.
Huh? You lost me. The car will idle without the clutch in. Hell it'll even start that way if the switch is bypassed via ECU or as in my current car, bypassed physically.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Remote Start on a Manual

As some have said it can be done rather easily to any car that wants the clutch pressed in to start. I have installed a few remote starters on some manual cars. The physical bypass of the clutch is easy, having something to detect if the car is in gear or not would be nice though.

Most states and countries will not allow remote start on a manual due to Legal and Safety issues.

Bottom line however it can be done.

·
Registered
381 Posts
well said

As some have said it can be done rather easily to any car that wants the clutch pressed in to start. I have installed a few remote starters on some manual cars. The physical bypass of the clutch is easy, having something to detect if the car is in gear or not would be nice though.

Most states and countries will not allow remote start on a manual due to Legal and Safety issues.

Bottom line however it can be done.
Exactly as stated above.:5go:

·
Registered
381 Posts
WoW

It is indeed an amazing feature. I love it so much although people seem to hate me for it because they have to go outside to warm their car up.

Um I know ya a moderator..but are ya experienced in automotive???

They are out there, they are available, would require clutch bypass... for some, not the smartest thing..

just even doing a dig would find info before ya post if unsure.:cool:;):5go::thumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts