Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife just purchased a 05 Trailblazer to accomidate or larger family and she wants me to install a remote starter.

I have noticed that some vehicles are now coming with remote starters installed, either from the factory or the dealers. Can someone tell me if the factory wire harness has the connections to install this option later or do the dealers install them like the aftermarket starters, and splice into the harness?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
i dunno i'm not gm or chevy certified so i can't tell you.does the remote starter you bought come with an instructional manual?

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
oh ok,i thought you bought it and needed help installing it.where are ou buying it from,is it from a chevy parts department or autozone or some other place,cuz if it's from gm it should be more usewr freindly to install i would hope

·
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple
11,842 Posts
I don't know about the wire harnesses, but I would think that the factory remot start could be added.

But I bet it would be cheaper to install an aftermarket system, which would run $250 or less installed.

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
I don't know about the wire harnesses, but I would think that the factory remot start could be added.

But I bet it would be cheaper to install an aftermarket system, which would run $250 or less installed.

well said

if you have a factory alarm system you can add remote start easily through gm.

·
8,984 Posts
well said

if you have a factory alarm system you can add remote start easily through gm.
I would have to disagree.

It seems as it is getting harder to get the dealership to do these types of upgrades...........

1 - 7 of 7 Posts