Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the steps for replacing trunk lifts? The steps as well as the tools needed. I know your all probably tired of me asking questions but its really important to me to know that all aspects of my car are operating correctly. Thanks all!

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
did you get the overheating issue worked out???

don't know for sure, but the lifts should just be a simple unbolt and replace.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes the overheating issue was resolved, new radiator , old one was all filled up with crud. I hope it is as simple as a couple of bolts, but what about the gasket at the top of th lift. How do I get it off?

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Yes the overheating issue was resolved, new radiator , old one was all filled up with crud. I hope it is as simple as a couple of bolts, but what about the gasket at the top of th lift. How do I get it off?
I thought it was still overheating after you swapped radiators?

Sorry, can't help you w/ the lifts.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Does anyone know the steps for replacing trunk lifts? The steps as well as the tools needed. I know your all probably tired of me asking questions but its really important to me to know that all aspects of my car are operating correctly. Thanks all!
They should have a metal clamp.. First hold up the weight with a piece of wood or something and if you look on the end of the support pistons ( lifts ). There is a metal flap. If you take a flat head screw driver and stick it between the joint and the strap it will pull out and let go of the ball that is the connection to the hatch.. and the same on the body. Super easy.. The new ones just push on. But to take them off you have to do the above again. Good Luck. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, I bled the system again and topped it off with anti freeze and voila, no more overheating. People like to try and play the little old v-6s', but I'm telling you, they'll still plant you back in your seat. I need to get rid of that electronically limited speed though, lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts