Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
chrysler and GM merging? wtf?

According to a report by Bill Vlasic and Andrew Ross Sorkin that went live moments ago on the New York Times website, Chrysler and GM have been in merger talks for the last month

·
Registered
179 Posts
Nah. Chrysler sucks.

Let me elaborate on something. If GM and Chrysler merge, who will be liquidated?

If Chrysler takes over GM, then GM's stock will go up to a specific price and stay there approximately until the deal is done. Then GM will no longer exist as an separate entity in the stock exchange.

If GM takes over Chrysler, then GM's stock will hang at the same level or go down because their cash reserves just plummeted by buying out Chrysler.

·
Registered
461 Posts
yes but it looks as if they are no longer talking..

GM, Chrysler merger talks suspended-Wall St Journal

WASHINGTON, Oct 10 (Reuters) - General Motors (GM.N: Quote, Profile, Research, Stock Buzz) has been in preliminary talks about acquiring Chrysler LLC, but the talks were suspended due to the upheaval in financial markets, the Wall Street Journal reported late on Friday. (Writing by Eric Walsh)

·
Registered
544 Posts
DETROIT - General Motors Corp. and Chrysler LLC have held preliminary talks about a merger or an acquisition of Chrysler by GM, according to published reports Saturday.
ADVERTISEMENT

The Wall Street Journal, citing people it described as familiar with the discussions, said Cerberus Capital Management, the private equity firm that owns 80.1 percent of Chrysler and 51 percent of GMAC Financial Services, proposed trading Chrysler's automotive operations to GM. The Journal said Cerberus would receive GM's remaining 49 percent stake in GMAC.

The New York Times, also citing people familiar with the talks, said the automakers were discussing a merger. The Times did not mention GMAC, a traditional auto lender hit hard by the housing market downturn.

The talks have stalled because of the recent turmoil in the financial markets, according to the Journal. Its sources said negotiations could resume if markets stabilize because both GM and Cerberus want to quickly divest the assets under discussion.

The negotiations between 100-year-old GM and 83-year-old Chrysler began more than a month ago, according to the Times. Its sources said the chances of a merger were "50-50" as of Friday and likely would take weeks to complete.

Both newspapers posted their stories on their Web sites late Friday.

"Without referencing this specific rumor, as we've often said, GM officials routinely discuss issues of mutual interest with other automakers," GM spokesman Tony Cervone said.

"The company is looking at a number of potential global partnerships as it explores growth opportunities around the world," Chrysler spokeswoman Lori McTavish said. "Beyond those partnerships already announced however, Chrysler has not formed any new agreements and has no further announcements to make at this time."

Source: Associated Press

·
Capt Bob-Supporting Membr
366 Posts
GM merging with Chrysler??

Hemi powered Camaros, LS3 Cuda's what's the world coming too?:eek:

Just saw a blurb at CNN.com

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
HAHA in all honesty if they merged it would be a unstoppable company the cars and trucks comming outa there would prolly be stellar

·
Registered
172 Posts
GM and Chrysler might merge?!?!............ Yea... thats what i sad too.

So I was listening to the news this morning and this is what I heard.

Due to the falling economy.... and i qoute.... "GM and Chrysler are talking merger."

There are many things that are going through my mind right now.... none of which i can say on here though.

Anyone else hear anything? before i believe this i would like to hear from someone else who has heard this so i know i'm not just going crazy.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I didn't realize you posted this so i just posted another thread about it. oops. but anyway what i said on my thread was that i just heard this on the news this morning. so are they still talking about it or not?

i've heard they canceled talks but the news is still talking about it sooooo.....

·
Supporting Super Moderator
5,668 Posts
I merged the three threads together.

·
Supporting Super Moderator
5,668 Posts
fjhhgyghgydghdygft6rgt6rfg6etyrtf653rf t6e3regf6t7rtg36h8i8juymikmu88m8ikjhuyikuikuujmkkhujhtuhuhudhuhydurhyugrufgyugugruguyguyfgyuuygrfuyg 0-uykly0h-pjl,p[h;'kl.;lpkl.p;'ol0o,mopl,ol,l k,ojk,olm,iolmknmjioioohreyuugudgyudyuyufdfdgy jhyi9uj9yuuj89u89yu90i90yu0i9u90umym90uy0uy90ytrfvghyhryuhruythrurthugudfgfyugyugdyggggdgdyugttygtytytytygtygfttttytftygydtygfdtyftyftydftyfcdtuygduydfguygudduygyuygudggyudgyugguydggdgdgudgugdguyyuuyuygyu[[==p[pikojykui9yiu9iyui9yu89yu9y9uy9uy9u9 9hu9yuh9uy98uy89yiii9ui98hui89u90i909iy90i0y9i90yiy90j0jyi90unuihtuguijtuijutihjtuiht8uhutihyutihitutuuhuiu

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
fjhhgyghgydghdygft6rgt6rfg6etyrtf653rf t6e3regf6t7rtg36h8i8juymikmu88m8ikjhuyikuikuujmkkhujhtuhuhudhuhydurhyugrufgyugugruguyguyfgyuuygrfuyg 0-uykly0h-pjl,p[h;'kl.;lpkl.p;'ol0o,mopl,ol,l k,ojk,olm,iolmknmjioioohreyuugudgyudyuyufdfdgy jhyi9uj9yuuj89u89yu90i90yu0i9u90umym90uy0uy90ytrfvghyhryuhruythrurthugudfgfyugyugdyggggdgdyugttygtytytytygtygfttttytftygydtygfdtyftyftydftyfcdtuygduydfguygudduygyuygudggyudgyugguydggdgdgudgugdguyyuuyuygyu[[==p[pikojykui9yiu9iyui9yu89yu9y9uy9uy9u9 9hu9yuh9uy98uy89yiii9ui98hui89u90i909iy90i0y9i90yiy90j0jyi90unuihtuguijtuijutihjtuiht8uhutihyutihitutuuhuiu
so, I guess you're saying you're behind the merger 100%?

·
Registered
637 Posts
Looks like the kids on the forums again. anyone speak kid????:roxor:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts