Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yenko is one name in muscle car history that resonates with all Chevy fans. Jeff Leonard, owner of California-based General Marketing Capital, is looking to resurrect the famous name as Yenko’s 45th anniversary approaches.

With the 45th anniversary of Yenko approaching, Leonard says he is going to create an “online home for the brand” and possibly launch some new products under the moniker.

More...

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Yenko is one name in muscle car history that resonates with all Chevy fans. Jeff Leonard, owner of California-based General Marketing Capital, is looking to resurrect the famous name as Yenko’s 45th anniversary approaches.

With the 45th anniversary of Yenko approaching, Leonard says he is going to create an “online home for the brand” and possibly launch some new products under the moniker.

More...
The Shelby brand = real, this Yenko brand = phony.

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
The Shelby brand = real, this Yenko brand = phony.
Why do you call it a phony ?

Anymore all a Shelby is these days would be a Mustang with badging/motor and interior.

About the same thing a yenko would be im sure.

No I dont see these cars meaning the gt500's and yenko's being as Big as the older ones are today 30 years from now but its cool to have more options if you have to stand out.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Like Wendy's new ad campaign...."You know when it's real."

IMO, this is only a markety ploy to try and crank a few bucks from the Yenko lore. SLP, THR, Hennesy and Berger, et al, are "real" to me, although I'm not a fan of this year's Berger car. Yenko and Nickey are just ressurected to try and capitalize on the name. It's not "real". It's only my opinion though. Yours may vary.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts

Anymore all a Shelby is these days would be a Mustang with badging/motor and interior.

No I dont see these cars meaning the gt500's and yenko's being as Big as the older ones are today 30 years from now but its cool to have more options if you have to stand out.
It's just a name. There's no connection to the Yenko family, the Yenko dealership, or even an exclusive Yenko collector. Shelby is still affiliated with Carroll Shelby and is an official Ford brand.

·
2,774 Posts

its all a Shelby was in its heyday too..badging/body kit, motor and interior.

·
2,774 Posts
ohh and Personally..the Yenko dealership I think is still around right? Selling imports I beleive.

Would be nice if somehow they got the Yenko people invovled a little.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts