Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have seen this come up a bunch of times. With current pricing already above the Mustang and the current economic downturn it would be pretty stupid to do anything other than lower the price.

But then again, it is Chevrolet. :eek:

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have seen this come up a bunch of times. With current pricing already above the Mustang and the current economic downturn it would be pretty stupid to do anything other than lower the price.

Don't know what your currency system is but everyone I've talked to thinks the Camaro is very well priced compared to Mustang. With over 13,500 orders in the system already, why would they lower the price and piss off all of those customers? Woul you like to post what you think the pricing comparo is?

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Douge, I'm starting to see a pattern. You want to share something positive with us anytime soon?:rolleyes:
maybe he'll go back to whatever porsche board he came from and leave us alone.

·
Registered
345 Posts

Dude...why are you on this forum???:confused: I understand the concept of people wanting to be realists but you do not even bring that into perspective with your comments. If you do not like Chevy, GM..etc fine that is your right...but **** I do not think any of us want to hear it.:angry:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Lets get a couple things straight. I will express my opinion about GM as I see fit. They are a train wreck of a company and no one can dispute that. End of that story. That doesn't mean I don't like their stuff, I do. I was driving a Vette before some of you guys had a drivers license. I love the new Camaro and I would really like to have a convertible when it becomes available. I can separate the product that I like from the questionable operation of the company that builds them. I wonder about you guys that think you need to defend the company or make apologies for them. I have repeated several times on this forum that I have continued to see improvement in Chevy products over the past several years and I would very much like to see them succeed. I have a financial interest in GM doing well, but I am not going to sugar coat the reality of the situation.

As for driving a Porsche, you would be a lot more likely to catch me driving a cheap Camry or an older Mercedes, $2500-4000 cars than the Cayman.

Bottom line for me, I won't be driving a Camaro because its a Chevrolet or because I think it looks cool, I am a little more hard to please than that. If a Camaro lands in my driveway it will because it is a striking car with great performance, great build quality and a solid value. I will not buy it on a whim, not saying any of you will either, but I will be expecting something pretty **** good for the money. And, for the last time, I think Chevy can deliver all of those things in the Camaro and I hope it is that good, so far I think it is meeting those expectation.

·
Registered
318 Posts
As much as he may be bashed for his comments...I am sorry, but he has a point and raising the price again would be a stupid move...even if it were only by 1K. The fact of the matter is I KNOW and YOU KNOW it is a great value for what we are getting. Hell, you have performance coupled with exterior and interior beauty. However, those 13k pre orders you speak of..I would have to assume are mostly ethusiasts like myself who have bought their vehicles. I have absolutely fell in love with this car just as I did generations before and will have this car soon. However, being a young male in my mid 20s if anyone honestly believes that GM can already take a vehicle that is already priced above the mustang, raise it higher, and convince the everyday college student or American citizen ..essentially THE LARGEST MARKET AND CONSUMER for this vehicle....that is, the same consumer who is tied up in this economic scare, and convince them to buy the camaro when they dont give a **** between Ford, Dodge, or Chevy....and have them go towards a now more expensive Camaro?...then that is absurd. It will break my heart to see them blow this car away if that is the case. The incentives on both the challenger and mustang are AMAZING in many parts of Florida right now. I can get a mustang GT or Challenger for 5-10k off MSRP in some local dealers right now. They tried the price gouging garbage on the Challenger and now lots down here have the very same 2 or 3 vehicles waiting on the lot as they were on day one. Now the incentives roll in..especially for GT premium......Essentially taking an already cheaper vehicle and dropping it well below what I paid for the SS/RS...

Would it bother me if GM lowers their prices in July? Absolutely not, YOU and I run that risk and KNEW that risk of buying a vehicle right of the bat. Don't tell me you didn't think prices may drop in Q3/Q4.

All I can say is I hope GM learned from their previous mistakes from 4th Gen and keep this car alive for many years to come.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
I agree that they shouldn't raise the msrp...but everyone seems to be forgetting that the longer you wait to buy, the more chances you have of finding a dealer willing to sell for UNDER msrp...also they'll be more incentives, better rates etc...so I don't think a higher MSRP will mean you'll be paying more.

Douge >>> of course you can post your opinion...but you seem to post the same negative opinion over and over...WE GET IT, move on already. You come across as a sky-is-falling-chevy-hating-troll.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not sure about when it's suppose to be revealed but here's the thread about the pre-order deadline

http://www.5thgen.org/forum/showthread.php?t=10985

Chris
That is only about pre order deadline. I read on here somewhere about there was to be a price hike right after the deadline....I think. :confused:
If so, I guess it will give me more time to pay down my trade in. I wonder when dealers will have 1SS and 2SS camaros on the lot/dealer stock and not just the V6

·
Registered
124 Posts
I

Douge >>> of course you can post your opinion...but you seem to post the same negative opinion over and over...WE GET IT, move on already. You come across as a sky-is-falling-chevy-hating-troll.

I am just stating facts. In this case, the condition of the company and the economy should be having some effect on the pricing scheme and Chevrolet doesn't always get it right.

Brantley makes a great point, most enthusiasts, especially the ones on this site who are willing to pay MSRP or close to it for a Chevy product are very much in the minority and Chevy needs to appeal to those who will cross shop their products. Those everyday buyers are what will prove the Camaro a success at least in terms of sales and profitability.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I've decided to wait. The dealers in central Ohio aren't willing to come off MSRP. I think they're banking on the launch of a new car to carry them over. I want something for my GM loyalty.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts