Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well my dad decided to drive my 95 z28 project some of you know and this is what happened when I was at work. I'm just having one great spring break.

We are going to take as much parts as we can.

Edit: as of right now when can't pop the hood back since AAA put the hood down. The keys are stuck in the ignation.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
wow...that sucks. any idea what happened?

usually it's the kids that drive the parents car without asking, not the other way around.:BangHead:

·
Registered
729 Posts
Wow, man, that stinks. R-I-P- is right. So pulling parts as much as you can, eh? Are you with another vehicle to put them in yet or getting something that they may fit? Are you getting a 2010???

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow...that sucks. any idea what happened?

usually it's the kids that drive the parents car without asking, not the other way around.:BangHead:
my grandpa was with him and he has no idea. We think it was something electrical.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Wow, man, that stinks. R-I-P- is right. So pulling parts as much as you can, eh? Are you with another vehicle to put them in yet or getting something that they may fit? Are you getting a 2010???
Yeah. It does have $1100 dollar vette rims + wheels. But mostly everything that didnt get blazed is in good shape.
I do have 97 but its a v6. :(
Yeah, I can't afford a 2010 with a mininum wage job getting about 10 hours a week.

Wow. Your dad owes you big-time! That is really sad.
Yeah. I'll have to talk about it later with him.

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
That is some bad luck. Hopefully you had some good insurance on that and get to recoup some through parts.

Do you know if it started in the Engine bay or in the dash area?

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
That is some bad luck. Hopefully you had some good insurance on that and get to recoup some through parts.

Do you know if it started in the Engine bay or in the dash area?
Techinally, I guess I will say that it was not mine but we going to get fixed and I was going to buy it and sell my car. I had a great deal for which was kbb's trade-in price which was about $2100. My uncle and grandpa are trying everything to something back from it.

I wasn't with them but I believe it was in the engine bay. They said they heard a loud pop and then the engine died. They were in 2nd gear when it happened at not much rpms.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ouch, that hurts to look at. Sorry to see this happen, man. :(
Yeah I was depressed when I heard about it. I ended driving for like 30 to hours worth until came home then headed to my grandpa's house to see it at the junkyard with him. I was really bummed and I thought about never modding or having another project car.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I had a 87 IROC. . . 3 motors 5 trannies later.... I will not own another modded project car. . . I'm a driver, not a fixer...

Sorry about your car man.

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
That is never a good sign when you see flames coming from the hood. Well at least things cant get any worse

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Wow that sucks man :(
that was a beautiful z28
hopefully u will get another
one or something close to it
well have 97 v6, so that is something close. I might buy a friends 95 v6 and sell mine and $1000-$1500. I'm keeping the vette rims since it would be wrong to sell them after getting them from my uncle. I guess I'm going to keep my eye but I might wait a little bit. I don't know if I'll try to make it look like what I had.

On a funny side, it did get a free car wash, inside and out.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
I think this may work out for the better. That car needed some work, so you may make money on it.

Bank the money, work on getting a better job and then, viola! Before you know it, you'll be able to buy a 5th gen!

·
8,984 Posts
It looks like it would make a nice DRAG ONLY car now.

Cut it up and F*ck it up is what I say.

You have a daily driver and can probably get a new wiring harness.

You can sell what's left of the interior.

Gut it and make a race car.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
So I decided to look at other z28s. Here 2 I have in mine
http://usedcars.kbb.com/fyc_b/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=253314873&dealer_id=63448419&car_year=1994&num_records=25&model=CAM&body_code=0&awsp=false&search_type=used&distance=200&search_lang=en&make=CHEV&default_sort=priceDESC&style_flag=1&LNX=KBBATCLASSFYCSRP&sort_type=priceASC&address=47720&cardist=106
http://westky.craigslist.org/cto/1055887838.html
and heres another thinking of
http://westky.craigslist.org/cto/1070500690.html

Yes, luckily no one hurt but the car.

I think this may work out for the better. That car needed some work, so you may make money on it.

Bank the money, work on getting a better job and then, viola! Before you know it, you'll be able to buy a 5th gen!
Well we were getting it for a bargain. It needed work and wanted to do the work.
If I would get the money for a 2010, it would smart for me to put in the bank or I could support the economy :patriot:

It looks like it would make a nice DRAG ONLY car now.

Cut it up and F*ck it up is what I say.

You have a daily driver and can probably get a new wiring harness.

You can sell what's left of the interior.

Gut it and make a race car.

Just a thought.
There was a puddle under the drivers seat and passengers seat. Problem, I'll have to get new everything under the hood. We can't even open up the hood. Also don't forget a new window.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts