Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
um has anyone checked this out, just got my road and track mag. today and the cover was of the camaro. apparently they tested it on Nurburgring in Germany recently. anyways, for those who don't get that magazine the whole article is here: www.roadandtrack.com/camaro

Says that there will be these trims:

LS: 3.5L pushrod V-6
LT: 3.6L DI V-6 (same from the new CTS)
SS: LS3 (detuned to 400-405 hp approx.)

And coming out the same time as the convertible:
Z28: LSA (detuned to 480-500 hp approx. same engine going into new CTS-V)

also has a picture of what the interior is gonna look like and i think it looks better then the concept interior (more realistic) plus they say one of the console guages will be a guage that measures current engine torque :roxor:

ps. some of the pictures that R&T have were photoshoped to what they think will "look more like production" so all the ones that show the SS symbols are photoshopped

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
Lots of guessing going on there.

They got a couple things right, but most of the info is incorrect, including the photoshopped images which aren't even close.

I can't speak of what's right and what's wrong, I'll leave you all to guess that. :D

I'll say this much though...
The truth is better than this article. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
Gee, I wonder where they get there ideas. Jk. Im sure they're staff is very original.:rolleyes:

If they lurked the camaro forums a little more they would known that the headlight have been preached that they are not near the production ones/ They threw a gloss reflection over it just to make those seem like they have lens over the prepro assembly. Plus they are using the old design SS emblems. I think it would be safer to speculate that it will wear the new SS emblem design. I hope so, I think it looks better and meet the style of the car. If aZ28 comes out I speculate it wont be retro badging either. I think it would use the Z06 style badging, since it been speculated that it will be a special model again. As for the interior its a Spy image that been around for months now. Hell, they didnt even touch up the pic for the magazine (sticker on the center console). Here they can have mine from way back (lazy Road and Track):

As for the engines. 3.5L is dead weight. I would of speculated a DI and a non-DI 3.6L (if there were two V6:rolleyes:) before I would mention the 3.5L dinosaur.

I think the LS3 wont be called the LS3 (I dunno......LS5). As the days go by and I think about what the disciples said, I think its going to be a LS3 with AFM and milder cam spec to maximize fuel economy (reason: disciple comments on GM's attention to fuel economy across the board). With that said AFM alone prolly demands a different RPO code (example: L92 and L76)

As for the LSA, I dunno. Im in the air on the speculation on that one. Ive havent heard a SC whine in any of the videos, even the ones claiming a whine.

I hate it when they report as if it is fact.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll say this much though...
The truth is better than this article. ;)
That is good to hear, because when i read this article I was suprised how good everything I was reading about it, if you say its better then I can't imagine what is going to happen.

And to Jinx, I think it could still be possible for there to be a LSA and they just might not be testing it on the street yet as the article said its not to come out until the same time as the convertible and i'm pretty sure no convertibles have been on the street yet. Also i agree about the V6's personally i think the V6 offered should just be the DI 3.6L from the caddy because i think it would be sick if the base Camaro had the same horsepower as the Mustang GT :rotflmao:

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
Im not ruling out the possibility of a LSA powered Camaro, just not enough evidence for Road and Track to print such high speculation from the available data.

·
Registered
318 Posts
One thing I'd really like, if that interior is real, is to be able to change gauge color, like in the Mustang. I found it pretty interesting to be able to do that in my 06 GT, to match the mood. Orange for racing, blue for cruising, red for night driving on dark roads, etc.

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
The MYcolor option on mustang, Ibelieve, was discontinued for the 2009 model year. The MYcolor technology was patented before the release in 2005 MY year, and Ford didnt pay for the rights or pay any loyalities tot he patent owner. So once again Ford was too cheap to put in a IRS, they were even so cheap not to pay patent on simple options.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Gee, I wonder where they get there ideas. Jk. Im sure they're staff is very original.:rolleyes:

If they lurked the camaro forums a little more they would known that the headlight have been preached that they are not near the production ones/ They threw a gloss reflection over it just to make those seem like they have lens over the prepro assembly. Plus they are using the old design SS emblems. I think it would be safer to speculate that it will wear the new SS emblem design. I hope so, I think it looks better and meet the style of the car. If aZ28 comes out I speculate it wont be retro badging either. I think it would use the Z06 style badging, since it been speculated that it will be a special model again. As for the interior its a Spy image that been around for months now. Hell, they didnt even touch up the pic for the magazine (sticker on the center console). Here they can have mine from way back (lazy Road and Track):

As for the engines. 3.5L is dead weight. I would of speculated a DI and a non-DI 3.6L (if there were two V6:rolleyes:) before I would mention the 3.5L dinosaur.

I think the LS3 wont be called the LS3 (I dunno......LS5). As the days go by and I think about what the disciples said, I think its going to be a LS3 with AFM and milder cam spec to maximize fuel economy (reason: disciple comments on GM's attention to fuel economy across the board). With that said AFM alone prolly demands a different RPO code (example: L92 and L76)

As for the LSA, I dunno. Im in the air on the speculation on that one. Ive havent heard a SC whine in any of the videos, even the ones claiming a whine.

I hate it when they report as if it is fact.
i like your interior edit, funny things is because of this group i look and read the artical and laughed at it, i clipped the artical and saved it but i have stopped putting stock in any of the words printed in these magazines, lol

·
Registered
318 Posts
I imagine it'll be something along the lines of LT, RS, SS, Z28, with RS being both a V6 and a Stripper V8 option package. aka RS being one-short of an SS. Also; I have one very important question for any focus group member reading this: Yes or No, is this less than 5% true?

·
Registered
455 Posts
The Interior looks horrible it has 2 be more modern then whats there .... the car looks like a badass on the outside then in the car looks like crap... i really hope GM changes that steering wheel for production that thing is horrible

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
I dont see much of anything changing. We will have a few handful out there who dont like a few things about this car. I was never and still not all into that steeringwheel however if that is one of the only things about this car I dont like shrugs.
Tons like it so far and gm has been great giving us what we want from what I see.
If everyone loved everything about every car and this was the perfect car then I would imagine it would be the best selling automobile in history !!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The Interior looks horrible it has 2 be more modern then whats there .... the car looks like a badass on the outside then in the car looks like crap... i really hope GM changes that steering wheel for production that thing is horrible
Totally disagree, most ultra-modern interiors look terrible IMO and seem way impracticle and cheesy. I think this is a good modern take on the gen I Camaros without going overboard.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts