Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all know, Frost got traded in for shadow awhile back., Friday, shadow had a tiny chip on the top-D.S.-corner of her windshield, got Safe-light to fix it & it only took a half hour and back on the road..
Yesterday night, Shadow was out in the front of the house & started getting real bad storm winds.. so I got ready to pull her into the garage & noticed, there's a huge crack (cracks over 6" is a replacement, through most places) @ the same spot that was on Frost & just as long as Frost's crack and just as bad.. I called Safe-light Auto glass, well.. they try to sell me the hole pitch of getting a aftermarket windshield, haha.. um, no.. my deductible wont change because its OEM, tho the lady tells me, there's going to be issues.. on getting a OEM windshield and it could be a very long wait..gerrr :angry:
I guess I gotta call, the shop, Monday and as them if they have a OEM available or if they can get one.. asap, I hate seeing Shadow hurt, it bugged me all night & still bugging me today..
No..... I try to stay back from other cars, at least two or three car length's away at any given time..
No..... theirs no other rough I could take, unless I wanna drive a extra half hour or so..
I'm thinking of making a complaint to our town's the city Hall office, or contacting that, claims place, a year ago.. when Frost got all that damage.
I know, my insurance will cover this, but I'm sure it doesn't help me.. I'm sure they will raise my coverage as, this has been a issue for a lil over a year now, I think this is the sixth.. claim for chips & a complete windshield replacement now :angry::angry:
Sorry ya all, just need to vent & ask what ya all think I should do..

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
Kudos for holding out for an OEM windshield. SafeLite's are THINNER and CHEAPER. They crack easily and do NOT fit as well. BTDT.

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Attachments

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
4,383 Posts
For sure hold out for the OEM glass! Sorry my friend.:mad:

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
Ouch ... you gotta watch those insurance companies though, they will hit you hard or try to bump you to their high risk, if you have too many claims, even if not your fault ... at least that's how it used to be. Thankfully, I had a good agent

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ouch ... you gotta watch those insurance companies though, they will hit you hard or try to bump you to their high risk, if you have too many claims, even if not your fault ... at least that's how it used to be. Thankfully, I had a good agent
"Right".. I thought I had a great agent, tho lately, I haven't herd from him.. let alone from the company in a while.. its kinda got me worried, not sure if hes avoiding my calls or if I'm leaving messages at all :eek:
I'm a bit worried, if that's the case, having so many claims and most of them not very far apart.. yet still not my fault, I'm sure it still looks bad.. beginning to worries me tho :(

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
529 Posts
I'm a little confused here. I thought insurance coverage was for accidents. I was not aware that they would cover normal wear and tear to your car's exterior. Am I being ignorant or is this the norm?:confused:?
Depends on your coverage. Liability insurance is what your insurance will cover what damage you cause to someone else.

Collision will cover your car in the case of an accident.

Comprehension/collision will cover damages caused as a result of non accident, such as fire, theft, hail, flooding and animals.

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
Depends on your coverage. Liability insurance is what your insurance will cover what damage you cause to someone else.

Collision will cover your car in the case of an accident.

Comprehension/collision will cover damages caused as a result of non accident, such as fire, theft, hail, flooding and animals.
I understand all that...but where does normal wear and tear from daily driving conditions come into play? And isn't there a huge difference between fire, flood and/or hail damage and "I got hit by a rock and it dinged my paint" damage?

I don't want offend you HotRod...I definitely understand the windshield thing...I would get that fixed too. But 5 claims over rock chips in a one year period is going to make your policy cost sky rocket in the best case scenario or get your policy cancelled in the worst case scenario.

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I understand all that...but where does normal wear and tear from daily driving conditions come into play? And isn't there a huge difference between fire, flood and/or hail damage and "I got hit by a rock and it dinged my paint" damage?

I don't want offend you HotRod...I definitely understand the windshield thing...I would get that fixed too. But 5 claims over rock chips in a one year period is going to make your policy cost sky rocket in the best case scenario or get your policy cancelled in the worst case scenario.
No offense taken, I'm more than happy to hear what you have to say ;)
Not really related to your comment, in general Envy..: I have full coverage, witch should cover most stuff and because my deductible is real low, I pay for it, but.. this type of damage is from poor work done on a main road, that thousands of people travel daily.. (for at least one direction for 15minutes) the company that did the work did a real bad job on this road, to the point, they have had almost a thousand claims.
If you remember, Frost damage, she got peppered w/rocks, so badly, they had to settle and they were being real cheap a bought it., tho my insurance said they would cover me, if the place wouldn't.
Sadly, I went through my insurance to cover the rock chips, there's no deductible for chips, but cracks do have, because its a complete replacement, over 6 inch's..
I know in general, most roads are fine, once in blue moon, you may find, that you get a chip or crack on the windshield, but not a ton.. or many in a year or several years, before this road work.. no one got any chips or cracks, heck I only got one, on me truck, the only one (til they did the work) in a 7yr period.
I know, all the insurance places Ive gone through has covered everything, except, normal wear & tear, witch is stuff that, happens.. not very often or that everyone deals with daily, but these damages are not on the same level IMO or the insurance company's here as well...
Haha.. still venting.. :lol:

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Our roads in Vegas are pretty well maintained. Thats one thing I certainly don't miss about NY....Potholes sooooo big....my chihuahua could get swallowed up by a few

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Our roads in Vegas are pretty well maintained. Thats one thing I certainly don't miss about NY....Potholes sooooo big....my chihuahua could get swallowed up by a few
Oh.. wow, now that's sad, were not far from that tho.. we even have a sign on the side of the road that states " this road is messed up" :lol::facepalm: not really those words, but something like it :angry:

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
I drive on a US Highway every day, about 29 miles each way, they repaved about 3 or 4 miles worth every year, need it or not (literally, no joke) ... I wouldn't be complaining at all except I live on a state road that is dirt and they re-grade and drop tons of gravel probably 6-8 times a year (again literally). The only part I care about is 1 mile to my house, but realistically, its a 3-4 mille stretch. Wouldn't you think that they could forego that US highway for 1 year and save a ton of future money by not regarding the road year after year after year?

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I drive on a US Highway every day, about 29 miles each way, they repaved about 3 or 4 miles worth every year, need it or not (literally, no joke) ... I wouldn't be complaining at all except I live on a state road that is dirt and they re-grade and drop tons of gravel probably 6-8 times a year (again literally). The only part I care about is 1 mile to my house, but realistically, its a 3-4 mille stretch. Wouldn't you think that they could forego that US highway for 1 year and save a ton of future money by not regarding the road year after year after year?
Yea, now that's messed up !!, I think we got 15 miles total, wish they would get their road stuff figured out for us ;) / :eek:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts