Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
notice it says in the last minute of the video That a 6.2 liter will be pushing a 400hp V8 engine.

And a V8 will wear the SS badge and a up and coming vehicle will be using a supercharged 450 hp engine and it will be behind the Z28

I guess that means the base will be the SS and the King will be the Z28 ?

hmmmmm?????? back in the days the Z28 was the Big boy ..... Are we going back in time ?

Now this is the weird part that gets me ....... Slated to go up against the Dodge Challenger and Ford Mustang, the Camaro offers a fully independent suspension (like the Dodge) compared with the Ford's live rear axle. Despite the added cost of the independent rear, Chevy is looking to keep base prices in the $20,000–$30,000 bracket, while the SS model could be in the mid- to upper- $30,000 range.

why would the SS cost more than the supercharged version ???????? shrugs

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
I wouldn't take any of that info too seriously...R&T, Motor Trend and all of those mags have been known to be less than accurate in the past with their "inside information".

GM hasn't released any official info...basically they are just guessing in that article.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Well they said upwards of 400 hp for the base 6.2 and over 450 for the supercharged V8. So they may not be wrong. they didn't give exact numbers except for saying 6.2 and S/C.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts