Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on going back to Ill, WI & MI (upper and lower) to see some family as soon as work will allow. Hopefully this can happen in the next couple of weeks, I haven't had a vacation in a few years and now that I have finally received my Camaro I want to go before the weather gets chilly. Depending on how much time I can actually get away (shooting for 2wks to a month) depends on wether I can take the western route from Chicago to Eureka, if I do not get enough time, it will just be around lake Michigan and back to Arizona. The map is a little off, I will actually be going from Menominee, MI over the Mackinaw bridge to get to South Haven, MI. Here is a google map:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Tempe,+az&daddr=menominee,+mi+to:south+haven,+mi+to:chicago,+ill+to:eureka,+ca+to:pismo+beach,+ca+to:Tempe,+az&hl=en&geocode=&mra=ls&sll=39.368279,-104.897461&sspn=25.812185,39.331055&ie=UTF8&ll=39.266284,-105.249023&spn=25.848581,39.331055&z=5

So, with all logistics aside, I was thinking of trying to stop and take pics with Moderncamaro menbers along the way. I know this will be a hit-and-miss thing if it happens at all, and I do not even have a date I will be leaving yet, but it would still be very cool to meet fellow menbers and post some pics after the whole trip. I will fill in more details as the trip gets closer. If anyone lives in any of the towns/cities along the route and knows of a hotel with secure parking let me know, I will sleep easier when passing through. Thanks!! :5go:

·
Registered
22 Posts
looks like you would be going right by Camaro Scotty /Newmans Chevrolet in Cedarburg, WI. You will also be going pretty close by me. I am new to the forum, but it would be kinda fun to have people in the area meet. I don't know anyone else with a new Camaro.

Lisa

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
looks like you would be going right by Camaro Scotty /Newmans Chevrolet in Cedarburg, WI. You will also be going pretty close by me. I am new to the forum, but it would be kinda fun to have people in the area meet. I don't know anyone else with a new Camaro.

Lisa
Yeah, I was thinking of stopping by Newman to see Scotty, I will be headin up the 43, even thinking of taking the old 41 way up just because I havent been on it since I was little & the 43 didn't exist. Who knows, I will post more to this string as I get closer to the vacation & try to set up meets!

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Well, I finally have my dates set, I will be leaving Arizona on Wednesday 9-23-09 or Thursday 9-24-09 at the latest.
I will be in the Chicago area for the weekend, then going down to Wataga & Knoxville Ill for a few days (not on the map link above).
Back to Chicago by the 29th, up to South Haven MI for a few days, then up and over the bridge to Upper MI for the weekend of 10-3-09.
Cruse through WI and hit Chicago one more time before I head west to Eureka, CA for the weekend of 10-10-09, back in AZ by the 14th.
I am going to try to update the web site www.cheersbitch.com (hit the camaro button for pics) with pics from the trip while I am on the road, depending on where I can get internet service. If you are along the route and want to meet up, just post it here. I will update this post as I drive through the country. :5go:

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For people in ILL, MI, & WI I will post when I get in the Chicago area, I am so itchin for a GOOD pizza, dog & gyro. Anyone along the way up let me know, although most of NM will be at night, figure on leaving @ sundown well rested and try to get to Tulsa or OK City before I crash (hopefully not literal). My record is 28 hrs from Chicago to Phoenix, in my '87 RS, not trying to break it either, last time I made that much time the Texans sent the planes out.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
For people in ILL, MI, & WI I will post when I get in the Chicago area, I am so itchin for a GOOD pizza, dog & gyro. Anyone along the way up let me know, although most of NM will be at night, figure on leaving @ sundown well rested and try to get to Tulsa or OK City before I crash (hopefully not literal). My record is 28 hrs from Chicago to Phoenix, in my '87 RS, not trying to break it either, last time I made that much time the Texans sent the planes out.
jets pizza in michigan is the best IMO

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
At this rate, it sounds like I will be stopping at more pizza joints than seeing Camaros! Can't make it up to NY though, that would take another week, I have been saving up for 3 years just to get a month off. Maybe next road trip. BTW I just got the GFX, 35% tint and 3M clear bra put on as of yesterday, I was starting to get alittle worried they would not get it finished before this comming Wednesday when I leave for the trip. I will post some pics, but I can not wash & wax until Monday (because of the bra & tint), the installers were pigs, but they did a great job.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Think you'll be heading up I-57 through IL or I-55 or I-70 around Saint Louis? If so Cammie and I could probably pose for a pic.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Think you'll be heading up I-57 through IL or I-55 or I-70 around Saint Louis? If so Cammie and I could probably pose for a pic.
I will be on th I-55 / I-70, I posted a link to google maps of my driving route in the first post. I would love to get pics with any moderncamaro members. As of right now I am going to leave AZ at sundown Wednesday 9-23-09, it should put me in the St Louis area some time Friday. I will probably post at the first hotel I stop at to update. I will PM members who want to meet for pics when I get near your area, as the times/days will change depending on road conditions, time w/ family, etc..
I will put the pics on http://www.cheersbitch.com/Camaro.html as I go.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
I will be on th I-55 / I-70, I posted a link to google maps of my driving route in the first post. I would love to get pics with any moderncamaro members. As of right now I am going to leave AZ at sundown Wednesday 9-23-09, it should put me in the St Louis area some time Friday. I will probably post at the first hotel I stop at to update. I will PM members who want to meet for pics when I get near your area, as the times/days will change depending on road conditions, time w/ family, etc..
I will put the pics on http://www.cheersbitch.com/Camaro.html as I go.
i took i55 to 70 this summer coming out for school.. be prepared to be bored until you hit the rockies :)

1 - 20 of 84 Posts