Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You'd think someone vandalized his house or something - get a grip Rob :lol:

It's insulting and it's embarrassing. An appearance package of stickers, plaques and decals and an embroidered shield for $995 on a fine car. Sure, $200 dealer-only and I get the humor. Maybe make it VIN specific for yellow cars from the dealers. At least then it's cutesy. But $995? I rarely get political but did President Obama approve this? This is GM "acting stupidly".

More ranting here:

http://www.examiner.com/x-5826-San-Jose-Autos-Examiner~y2009m8d1-GMs-ridiculous-Transformer-Bumblebee-Edition-Camaro

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
I dont like it either, no Autobot emblem on the horn kind of sucks and the stripes should have been just like Bumblebees were,, I think its kind of a half hearted special edition,,

·
Registered
14 Posts
I totally get what he's saying. There will be no stickers or decals going on my investment- it took too much to earn her. To me, it feels like messing up the car.

It's almost offensive to charge that much for the package. Transformers was cool and all, but get real! That's not the price of a cutesy option, it's a serious investment!

·
Registered
14 Posts
That's most likely true, and on top of that I don't for a minute doubt the quality work they put into the embroidery and everything else.

But the fact is, it's still some stickers and thread. If there were more substance (perhaps that sinister-looking yellow paint), even if they charged a little more, I'd consider it a serious "Special Edition."

I still wouldn't get it though, personally, so maybe I'm biased. To me, the car is so awesome I'm hesitant on even getting an aftermarket locking fuel door or wheel locks!

·
Registered
114 Posts
I totally get what he's saying. There will be no stickers or decals going on my investment- it took too much to earn her. To me, it feels like messing up the car.

It's almost offensive to charge that much for the package. Transformers was cool and all, but get real! That's not the price of a cutesy option, it's a serious investment!
ummm god i hope you didnt buy this car as an investment:rolleyes:

·
Registered
514 Posts
Fortunately for me...I do not want this stuff on the car. I am not even purchasing the car w/ strips. Eventually I will paint them on...yes I said "I":lol: The only other 2 window"STICKERS" going on my car is a 5thGen.org, and Harley Davidson. So they can keep the transformer stuff. The 1st movie was great...the second...not so great (except the begining (FOX ON A BIKE!!)

·
Registered
268 Posts
Well I do agree that it is steep for what you get and it adds no real value to the car. I own a yellow one and most people already call it Bumblebee so why would I pay $995.00 for a sticker and some embroidery. Now if they gave me the complete Hood and new front end like in the new movie for $995.00 I am all over that! ;)

·
Premium Member
6,255 Posts
If GM can get money from the kiddies for a bunch of stickers...cool! I think it looks like ass.

·
8,984 Posts
It's insulting and it's embarrassing. An appearance package of stickers, plaques and decals and an embroidered shield for $995 on a fine car. Sure, $200 dealer-only and I get the humor. Maybe make it VIN specific for yellow cars from the dealers. At least then it's cutesy. But $995? I rarely get political but did President Obama approve this? This is GM "acting stupidly".

Rob is right and I love it!:)

I am sure in better times this package could have been something else, but why half-a55 it?

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
GM's been doing packages like this for years. Maybe, they'll come out with one that you may like. To each their own. I personally think the GFX are sorta ghey, but that's me.

I think it came up a bit short in the stripes, literally and figuratively. I think people would have not had an issue springing for a few extra $$ to extend the stripes. That would have made the car at least LOOK better than the shorter ones. But I'm not disappointed in it. It is what it is, and it's an option. Don't like it, don't order it. They have other options to choose from.

Other than that, I like the somewhat subtleness of the package. And it really ends up effectively being around $500 since I was dropping the gray rally stripes in favor of the package. I'll gladly be in the minority. And it's just different enough without looking too much in-your-face like the X-men Firehawk.

·
Registered
455 Posts
IMO i dont see why anyone would complain about this, if u dont like it dont get it, if u love transformers and the car its something 2 make the car a little unique or your own.. i dont think this package is too out there for the price if your spending 30k+ whats another grand to make it a transformers edition

·
8,984 Posts
if your spending 30k+ whats another grand to make it a transformers edition
1-2 car payments

1/4 a supercharger package

exhaust, cai., and a tune

Do I need to go on?:lol:

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Another way to look at it as 1/2 of those painfully ugly GFX, or 1/4th of the god awful 21" wheels/tires.

·
8,984 Posts
I love the Ground Effects!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.