Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On April 4th at 9pm, Metallica will be inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame!!!

FUSE will be broadcasting live the actual ceremony and also the live performance. All this week Is Metallica week on FUSE.
Former bassist Jason Newstead and lead guitarist Kirk Hammett have both confirmed that Jason WILL play live with Metallica again that night, as well as the current bassist Robert Trujillo. Jason who left the band in 2001 after playing with Metallica since 1987 said they will meet for rehearsals this week and most likely will play songs they used to play regularly. Robert has commented that he is very cool with Jason playing and being there as well. Since Flea, bassist from the Red Hot Chili Peppers is gonna be the presenter inducting Metallica, there is a chance for some really crazy bass going down that night! Metallica deserves this for the 25+ years they have given us, alot of which was spent on the road touring! And for us hardcore fans Robert and Jason BOTH on stage at the same time with Metallica... Once in a lifetime, cannot miss! Not to be overlooked, Run DMC also will be inducted and perform that night! Didn't they invent rap? And they did do the very first rap/ rock duo with Areosmith. That was epic!

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
cool:thumbsup:

back in the day, who would have thunk it...metallica and Run DMC in the rock and roll hall of fame?

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
One of my favorite songs by them is Enter Sandman

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One of my favorite songs by them is Enter Sandman
I'd bet that is one of the three they will play. One too and The Day That Never Comes, just my guess. Enter Sandman is the most popular and well known metal song by far. And so easy to play!

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
It's about friggin time!:cool:
X2. It was the 25 year rule that kept it from happening sooner. The majority of the original band members has to have spent 25 years in the band, among all the other requirements. Since now Kirk has hit the 25 year mark it is happening. Dave Mustaine(prior lead guitarist) was also invited but is on tour in Europe (Megadeath) with Judas Priest and sent a very polite thank you note to the band for inviteing him.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Very nice. I lost some interest after Load and Reload came out, but I've always been very into them. Heck, I've yet to listen to St. Anger the entire way through!

I wonder if they will mention anything about Cliff or Dave.

The first Metallica album I ever bought was Ride the Lightening. I was HOOKED after that.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Metallica was my first concert...I was 12 :D I think I'm up to a count of 5 times I've seen them. Just found out they're coming back to Cleveland in October whoooooooooooooooo :thumbsup:

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:rolleyes:I liked him in Suicidal Tendencies.
Robert, Flea, or Les Claypool are the only three bass players alive today I pictured with Metallica talent wise. Rob fit the profile after playing with Suicidal Tendencies, Infectious Grooves, and Ozzy.
He is a very deserving, down to earth, and has so much talent!!!

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Anyone gonna watch tomarrow night???

Cliff Burton's dad will be there to represent his late and talented son. Jason and Robert will be playing, I really wish I would have won a ticket! I will watch on FUSE though cause that will be a night to remember for all the Metallica fans!
This fall Metallica will be back in the midwest for more shows! Can't wait to see them for my 8th and 9th time.
I wonder if Joe Perry will play with Run for a Walk This Way jam?!

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
On April 4th at 9pm, Metallica will be inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame!!!

FUSE will be broadcasting live the actual ceremony and also the live performance. All this week Is Metallica week on FUSE.
Former bassist Jason Newstead and lead guitarist Kirk Hammett have both confirmed that Jason WILL play live with Metallica again that night, as well as the current bassist Robert Trujillo. Jason who left the band in 2001 after playing with Metallica since 1987 said they will meet for rehearsals this week and most likely will play songs they used to play regularly. Robert has commented that he is very cool with Jason playing and being there as well. Since Flea, bassist from the Red Hot Chili Peppers is gonna be the presenter inducting Metallica, there is a chance for some really crazy bass going down that night! Metallica deserves this for the 25+ years they have given us, alot of which was spent on the road touring! And for us hardcore fans Robert and Jason BOTH on stage at the same time with Metallica... Once in a lifetime, cannot miss! Not to be overlooked, Run DMC also will be inducted and perform that night! Didn't they invent rap? And they did do the very first rap/ rock duo with Areosmith. That was epic!
If I pretend the Black album was their final swansong, I can agree with this decision.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Any comments on the performance? I've watched/ listened to all three songs dozens of times and really the one thing that stands out was the overwhelming bass during Master of Puppets! Rob and Jason drowned out Kirks solo but it was so shocking to see them side by side playing and singing! One plays with a pick and one with three fingers so there is a distinct sound difference but they were both right on time. My jaw dropped at the finale when Jimmy Page, Joe Perry, Jeff Beck, and Flea ALL along with Metallica and Jason came out for the All Star of Rock and Roll performance! 8 guitars, I still am in awe even though Joe's solo wasn't right on. Was the best awards show I have ever seen!

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Any comments on the performance? I've watched/ listened to all three songs dozens of times and really the one thing that stands out was the overwhelming bass during Master of Puppets! Rob and Jason drowned out Kirks solo but it was so shocking to see them side by side playing and singing! One plays with a pick and one with three fingers so there is a distinct sound difference but they were both right on time. My jaw dropped at the finale when Jimmy Page, Joe Perry, Jeff Beck, and Flea ALL along with Metallica and Jason came out for the All Star of Rock and Roll performance! 8 guitars, I still am in awe even though Joe's solo wasn't right on. Was the best awards show I have ever seen!

I haven't watched the whole thing yet...but yeah, I was pretty surprised to see 2 basses...it was a classy move IMO. It's on the DVR...I'll catch it soon. I did watch the earlier performances...and holy crap Paul Schaffer was jamming on the piano.:eek:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts