Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought Howards cam LS3 specific roller rockers for my 2013 Cam. SS. They were advertized as direct fit with no need for any changes includeing Valve covers. Totally untrue 10 of 16 hit covers and one had to be machined to fit into head casting on its backside. Got a store credit at Summit where I got them. Currently useing factory rockers while awaitig Harland-Sharp rollers. At least they tell you upfront you will need taller covers or a spacer of some sort. Scorpian makes the same claims as Howards, and I understand they have the same clearance issue's. Car revs as high with factory rockers but doesn't seem to rev as fast. Friction I guess or maybe a little difference in lift. Hope this is helpful for someone. I've got a lot of waisted time and money in the Howards Rockers. They work but you got to get different covers. period.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Summit huh?

The got me too on a set of rims. They never stated in the description that the wheels had a polished lip and the picture showed them fully gloss black. When I called the guy said something along the lines of "Well, it says here that the picture may not represent the actual product." ...I had to re-state that the description mentioned NOTHING about a polished lip or I would have not purchased them.

It would be nice if they would have put the valve cover part numbers in the accessories tab or mentioned the clearance in the description....sorry to hear about your headaches.

·
Support MC & Troops
11,799 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts