Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother and I have always been into fast cars. We both have had lots of quick for the time 2nd gen cars and I paved a way for the semi modern age of muscle. I picked up my 87 IROC in 1990 and have been modding it since day one. My brother, Tracey, bought an 05 A4 GTO a couple of years ago and the has taken the family performance crown.

My brother posted up the burnout vid last year and we took alot of heat for it. We did ask all of his neighbors before hand but didnt record it. Hence my attitude in the first part of this video. I would never say OK to this in my neighborhood but my brother and his nieghbors were cool with it, so what the hell.

In the 2nd IROC burnout you can actually hear my car go into limp mode 1/2 way through 2nd gear.

Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctWjmO8Ge8U

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update on 1/4 mile times. My car ran 4 tenths slower than it did with the last settup (CEL light on after 1st gear both times) 13.5 at 107MPH. My brothers GTO in the same trim ran a 12.98 @ 109.

My brother added a set of ported LS3 heads, .620 lift cam and 3600 stall and then ran a 11.8 @ 118.

My car is still limping along with a bad tune and stock 24lb injectors and pinging like a MFer.

This winters project for my car will include a set of 30lb Holley injectors ( 500+ bucks ) and an aftermarket ECM ( 1200 bucks). Hope it can come close to the GTO next spring. Wont be in the 11's but should be close to it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
where you from IROCDave? Western WA is where im from.
I spent the first 11 years of my life in Kirkland, the next 10 years in Sacramento CA, then moved back to Bothell in 1991. I now live in Snohomish WA. You should check out the cascadecrew. We just had a gathering at my place last weekend.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I spent the first 11 years of my life in Kirkland, the next 10 years in Sacramento CA, then moved back to Bothell in 1991. I now live in Snohomish WA. You should check out the cascadecrew. We just had a gathering at my place last weekend.
you guys should consider doing a run out to ocean shores! id be down for that.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
"We're gonna do something really childish" :lol: :lol: Ain't it cool! I love how all your neighbors are up for it! :thumbsup:
My neighbors would not have been cool with it by any strech of the imagination, but my brothers were totally down with it. Hell , next year my brothers neighbors will probably give out awards:cool:

I need to intsall an after market computer / tune to get utilize the missing 80RWHP and my brother needs to get the broken rear diff fixed before the next 4th. The GTO broke the rear running a 13.1 @ 115 pass at PR last weekend. My bro was hoping to improve on his best 1/4 mile time, but thats hard to do with one wheel with traction, or not traction.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
My neighbors would not have been cool with it by any strech of the imagination, but my brothers were totally down with it. Hell , next year my brothers neighbors will probably give out awards:cool:

I need to intsall an after market computer / tune to get utilize the missing 80RWHP and my brother needs to get the broken rear diff fixed before the next 4th. The GTO broke the rear running a 13.1 @ 115 pass at PR last weekend. My bro was hoping to improve on his best 1/4 mile time, but thats hard to do with one wheel with traction, or not traction.
Ah gotcha on whose neighbors are whose... As for the diff on the goat, maybe a Kaaz should be in his future! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Yep - the old SES light. Probably the most frustrating thing on a modded IROC. Had 2 modded Irocs and both would flash that light at the weirdest times.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If 5th gens didnt make you feel like your sitting under the car, watching a poorly designed video game or feel like your driving a 4K+lb " sports car" they would sell like hot cakes. Color doesnt have much to do with it.

These are the things GM needs to get right for me to lay out the cash to buy one, and that color Blue would be nice also;)

·
Registered
393 Posts
If 5th gens didnt make you feel like your sitting under the car, watching a poorly designed video game or feel like your driving a 4K+lb " sports car" they would sell like hot cakes. Color doesnt have much to do with it.

These are the things GM needs to get right for me to lay out the cash to buy one, and that color Blue would be nice also;)
yup, thats why a stock 10 camaro and a stock 02 camaro are about even in acceleration.

common, they could of made it about 3500-3600 like ford did with the stang, then they wouldnt be getting smacked around by the new 5.0. I can see it now, the 6th gen, with 550hp, and weighs 5000 pounds....id buy one and wreck it, pull the motor and put it in a 3000 pound third gen :D

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wasnt trying to take a jab at owners of the 5th gen, it just isnt my cup of tea. The 5th gen may be alittle quicker than a 4th gen, but it also has a solid 70HP and 10 years of refinement on them also. GM was ripped for not putting an IRS under the Camaro, then they finally did and it gained 300 pounds. Not a deal breaker for me, but the interior and site lines are.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Wasnt trying to take a jab at owners of the 5th gen, it just isnt my cup of tea. The 5th gen may be alittle quicker than a 4th gen, but it also has a solid 70HP and 10 years of refinement on them also. GM was ripped for not putting an IRS under the Camaro, then they finally did and it gained 300 pounds. Not a deal breaker for me, but the interior and site lines are.
i dont think the IRS is what added all the weight. 03/04 cobras were IRS and weighed about 3600. I think it was the complete redesign, and them wanting to keep them far away from corvette performance.

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
great vid!

i should have never got rid of the IROCZ i was in the middle of building :(

in a couple days ill have a vid of my 5th gen and a 98 Z28 (both have cams, headers, ect) finishing off the ol' street tires be fore we add some drag raidials

1 - 16 of 16 Posts