Modern Camaro Forums banner

Roush-Yates interested in the NEW Camaro

2K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  Camaro Freak 
#1 ·
Interesting to say the least. But Roush-Yates who has been forever known as Ford performance engine builders, is wanting to become associated with the Camaro.
Just last week I was approached by a member of the Roush-Yates team and told me that they wanted to become known more with other makes (especially the Camaro) and not just as a Ford engine builder. He has offered a club dyno-day to our club and also offered a conference room where our club could meet at if we would like to, free of charge. I found this all hard to believe and told him that it would take some time for people to get use to the fact that Roush-Yates was not just associated with Ford anymore. Still hard for me to believe, but get ready America....its true.:thumbsup:

#6 ·
Looks like they want to move up to a better car:lol::thumbsup::5go:

#10 ·
Hey 2010, Yates does a lot more than just drag racing, I just happen to read that article yesterday. Yates provides ALL the motors for every Ford that races in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, the new FR9 Engine. Back in the 80's and 90's he built some of the most powerful Ford engines that ever raced in NASCAR. In fact, Bill Elliot drove a Ford Thunderbird at Talladega Super Speedway to victory, after being caught two laps down. The impressive part, he passed the entire field not just once, but twice, without a caution, to go on and win, Oh, and his Thunderbird was powered by a Yates Engine..... :thumbsup:

#13 ·
i just cant get into certain types of racing. im not much into drag racing or nascar. and thats where fords big. so my lack of knowledge comes from my lack of interest in not only ford, but the racing they do.

#16 ·
the only way this could be possible, is if they changed the name. just liek saleen did. he sold the company and now goes by SMS supercars. but hes still ford bias. i still wouldnt buy anything saleen put his name on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.