1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RS Appearance Package - available on LT and SS

HID headlamps with "halo ring"
Rear Spoiler (LT only - SS already has it)
20-inch 5-spoke wheel with Midnight Silver paint finish
RS-unique tail lamps
Body-color roof ditch molding
RS badging on driver's side grille and passenger side trunk lid

When combined with SS, SS badging becomes red instead of silver.

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what does Body-color roof ditch molding mean?
That's a little bit hard to explain without a picture lol.

There's a ditch molding on the sides of the roof that is even with the corners of the front and rear windows and runs the length of the roof.

Normally it's black, but on RS models it's body color.

You can kinda see it in this picture:

Look on the sides of the roof, you can see the body color molding running the length of the roof

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
I think the SS guys who choose the RS option are getting jipped because they already paid for the 20 inch wheels and the spoiler. Give them something more....

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
I think the SS guys who choose the RS option are getting jipped because they already paid for the 20 inch wheels and the spoiler. Give them something more....
Like HUD! :D

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
Im happy with the subtle nature of the RS package. It has all the stuff that we wanted from the concept, but has given us the option to have it.

People who want a somewhat stripper car can have it. The RS package prolly doesnt add significant weight tho.

I love the afterburner taillights and halos. I know for me, that the RS package is a must on my SS.

Plus it will make Momma Jinx proud. Her first car was a Red Camaro SS with Rs option.

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
The RS V-6 and the SS will almost be impossible to tell apart. WTF:mad: , they are pushing the V-6 a lot harder than the V-8. That is whats wrong with this world.:screwy:
The front bumper is different I believe. and the SS will have SS stitched into the seats.

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
44 Posts
Buy the HID's when parts become avail. Save a bit of cash on monthly payment. The SS already will have the spoiler.

Not sure about you...but I am entertaining ideas about new wheels already.
I don't want to look like everybody else.....even thought the 20's are cool. Besides.....20x8 and 20 x9's are a bit small. I'm thinking more like 20x9's and 20x10.5's....:O)

As for the molding...gimme a break....if you really want that.....have them painted later.

I need to see what the tailights will look like to make my judgement on it....but you could buy it later too if you decided that's your thing. Would prefer silver SS badging to Red anyday.

Is that all you get with the RS package?

Depending on the cost...may not be worth adding.

Just my .02

Heretic

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Perhaps because of that the RS package on an SS will cost less than on an LT?
That would be good to see.
I don't think they can based on how you buy a car at a dealership. You usually start with a base model and then add RPO numbers to it. The salesman would just say 'this much' for the SS option and 'this much' for the RS option. He would not care (or know the difference) about what you get when you pick an option.

·
Premium Member
9,152 Posts
RS Appearance Package - available on LT and SS

HID headlamps with "halo ring"
Rear Spoiler (LT only - SS already has it)
20-inch 5-spoke wheel with Midnight Silver paint finish
RS-unique tail lamps
Body-color roof ditch molding
RS badging on driver's side grille and passenger side trunk lid

When combined with SS, SS badging becomes red instead of silver.
Good info - thanks Tim :cool:

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.