Modern Camaro Forums banner
21 - 40 of 68 Posts

· Registered
45 Posts
I don't think they can based on how you buy a car at a dealership. You usually start with a base model and then add RPO numbers to it. The salesman would just say 'this much' for the SS option and 'this much' for the RS option. He would not care (or know the difference) about what you get when you pick an option.
I don't know about anyone else, but if I'm at a dealer that doesn't know the options on the vehicle they're selling I'm not so likely to buy from that dealer ;)

It would be foolish to NOT have the RS package on the SS be priced differently. How hard could it be to add two RPO numbers to the system? One for use with the LT and one for use with the SS. I'll certainly be in the market for an SS/RS (possibly a 'vert if the price is right - especially since it's excuse to wait for the HUD) - I can only hope (and assume) that GM is smart enough to not try to charge its customers multiple times for the same options.

· Registered
1,446 Posts
I don't know about anyone else, but if I'm at a dealer that doesn't know the options on the vehicle they're selling I'm not so likely to buy from that dealer ;)

It would be foolish to NOT have the RS package on the SS be priced differently. How hard could it be to add two RPO numbers to the system? One for use with the LT and one for use with the SS. I'll certainly be in the market for an SS/RS (possibly a 'vert if the price is right - especially since it's excuse to wait for the HUD) - I can only hope (and assume) that GM is smart enough to not try to charge its customers multiple times for the same options.
Dealerships are getting better at training their sales staff on the various products but they don't spend hours a day gobbling up Camaro info like we do. I think you are right - they would have to create a separate "SS only" RPO number if they were going to fairly price it for an SS buyer.

· Premium Member
4,818 Posts
That I do not know....however with the way things have been if you were not one of the first people in the first few weeks of ordering at your local dealer if you order now by the time you get your car they may be offering this item in production.

I wouldnt think this is something a dealer could add on for you since its modification to the dash.....if you want this wait until septemnber and order your car.

· Banned
7,873 Posts
I agree. The 1200 $ price tag for halo's, darkened tail lights and color matched roof molding is not even in the ball park. I am considering not getting the RS option because i cant justify the price.:angry:
I've considered dropping the RS from my order as well, I agree it seems like a steep pricetag...but I like the halo's soooo much better, I know I'll regret it every time I see an RS.:angry:

· Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Don't forget you're also getting a different wheel finish, and distinct emblems.
At $1200, it's actually a pretty good value.

I am certain that eventually you will be able to buy the HID/Halo headlight assemblies at the parts counter and swap them in yourself.
But that will likely cost almost as much as ordering an RS from the factory.

· Registered
3,900 Posts
Don't forget you're also getting a different wheel finish, and distinct emblems.
At $1200, it's actually a pretty good value.

I am certain that eventually you will be able to buy the HID/Halo headlight assemblies at the parts counter and swap them in yourself.
But that will likely cost almost as much as ordering an RS from the factory.
My decision regarding the RS package was based on 2 things: how happy am I with the way the 2SS looks, and does it make it go faster?

The 2SS with the dovetail rear spoiler will do it for me at $400.

· Banned
7,873 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
So they want almost 1200 for the hid kit?
I think i would rather pay 1200 for the rs package and get the halo light and all the other stuff it comes with.
Besides my plan is to buy the 2ss with the rs package and keep the apperance pretty much factory besides window tint and probably lowering it a couple of inches. Does anyone know if they have a lowering kit yet?

· Registered
48 Posts
In my view... The cost on my RS package for my 2LT is 1,450. I think with the rear spoiler, wheel and tire upgrade, HID lights with halo ring, RS embles, matching color factory painted roof trim, enhanced tail pipe appearance and 100% factoy stock look and installation, it is a steal. Considering what the base vehicle cost , in my mind this is a bargin.

It also enhances and helps retain re-sale value over after market additions/modifications.

Attachments

· Registered
471 Posts
In my view... The cost on my RS package for my 2LT is 1,450. I think with the rear spoiler, wheel and tire upgrade, HID lights with halo ring, RS embles, matching color factory painted roof trim, enhanced tail pipe appearance and 100% factoy stock look and installation, it is a steal. Considering what the base vehicle cost , in my mind this is a bargin.

It also enhances and helps retain re-sale value over after market additions/modifications.
Absolutely! You'd pay at least 800 for the wheels, probably close to 1000 for the HID Halos...you win right there. I assume you meant tail light up there right? The tail pipes are the same but the tail lights are darker :thumbsup:

I got the 2LT/RS too, what color did you go with?

Edit: Nevermind about the color, I just read your sig :lol:

· Registered
48 Posts
Yes, headlights, I believe the 2LT is what gives you the tailpipe upgrade.

· Registered
48 Posts
I think it is the 2LT vs the LS that upgrades the exhaust pipe. This is what I think is the 2LS pipe, will post the polished stainless LS pipe next. If I am correct. I seen a LS last week at the deal and could swear this is what was on it...

Attachments

21 - 40 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.