Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals. I have a question on the RS package lighting. I haven't really had a chance to see another RS package car at night to know this but, are the parking lights supposed to be on when the headlights are on? You can see from my pics that they do not come on when either the halos or the headlights are turned on. The turn signals do work though. That's the only time they do come on.

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
no. the parking lights do not come on when the headlights or halo lights are on. they dont even come on when the car is started and your standing out side of it. they only come on when in gear

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just FYI guys, I'm not talking about the DRL's. I know those aren't on when the headlights are. I'm talking about the parking/turn signal lights. On most cars, these are always on when the headlights are on.

I found a couple of pics of other Camaros and they don't have the parking lights on either so this appears to be normal. I guess the halos server as the parking lights. Works for me though. I think it looks better with them off, I just wanted to make sure there wasn't something wrong with mine.

Thanks! :D

·
Registered
134 Posts
Sounds like yours is working as designed. No orange lights on in the front.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
I should learn to read :lol: You're talking about the turn signals right next to the headlights. No, I don't believe they come on at any time other than when you use your turn signal. On other vehicles, yes they are either on or half lit when the headlights are on. Sorry I didn't read that better the first time :eek:

·
Registered
6,759 Posts

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
i dont know that thats a good thing though. they were meant to go off for a reason. i dont think i woul;d want to wire those up to stay on ALL the time.
They are on during the day when your headlights are off by default, and daytime is when most of these cars will be on the road. Having a little extra light at night time certainly can't hurt, and the LEDs burn really cool (about 84 degrees) so there should be no problem with heat. I don't see why you wouldn't want them on all the time, I know I do :D

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
you dont think they will get hot at any point? what about the wiring? can that handle the heat?

What if you drove your car all day long during the daylight? They would be on all the time then. I doubt that GM would design that area where it wouldn't be able to handle the heat generated from the DRL bulb.

It's basically just like having fog lights on all the time. No big deal.

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
What if you drove your car all day long during the daylight? They would be on all the time then. I doubt that GM would design that area where it wouldn't be able to handle the heat generated from the DRL bulb.

It's basically just like having fog lights on all the time. No big deal.
it is a big deal if their replacing the bulb with a higher watt. which is what most of these "hid" replacement bulbs do. they may not melt the lense but it may get the wire really hot.
no its not like having fog lights. those are completely different bulbs. they are more liek a headlight bulb than a running light bulb. big difference.

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
it is a big deal if their replacing the bulb with a higher watt. which is what most of these "hid" replacement bulbs do. they may not melt the lense but it may get the wire really hot.
no its not like having fog lights. those are completely different bulbs. they are more liek a headlight bulb than a running light bulb. big difference.
that's why i just went with LEDs... much lower temps

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We're talking about LED's here bro. Not higher wattage hid bulbs. LED's don't run as hot.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts